web site question

rving4us

I'm fairly new to membership in the escapees club, and want to make sure I'm understanding the web site correctly. Where it list the parks (not skp owned ) is that just a listing of parks that will honor escapee members discount? There seem to be a lot more parks listed than I see on other listing such as Good Sam park listings which I think is great. Just want to make sure I'm understanding it right. we are planning our west trip for 2016 and this listing helps a lot.

Thanks, I'll probably have a lot more questions in the future.

Cary

2014 Ram,4x4,dually,CC Cummins

2011 Carriage Cameo 37KS3

full body paint, Most options except Generator

SKP# 123923

You need to sign in to the Members Section of the main Escapees website...the User Name and Password for the Members Section is NOT the same as those used here on these Forums!

Once at your Members page, hover over "Parking" at the top of the page and click on "Travel Guide." You can either download the Travel Guide to your computer, or use the online "Flip Book" to locate parks that give a discount to Escapees members.

ON EDIT: I tried it without logging in and found out that you can download or use the flip book without logging in...meaning anyone can access the information, Escapees member or not! I think that's weird, but it is what it is!

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

I'm fairly new to membership in the escapees club, and want to make sure I'm understanding the web site correctly. Where it list the parks (not skp owned ) is that just a listing of parks that will honor escapee members discount? There seem to be a lot more parks listed than I see on other listing such as Good Sam park listings which I think is great. Just want to make sure I'm understanding it right. we are planning our west trip for 2016 and this listing helps a lot.

Thanks, I'll probably have a lot more questions in the future.

Cary

Yes the listings are of the participating parks that give a discount to Escapees members. You can view them on a map with the Park Locator feature. To determine whether they give the standard discount or the 50% discount and what the conditions for the 50% discount are, I believe you will have to consult the Travel Guide.

There are many sources for locating campgrounds and RV parks and in my experience no single one lists them all. Here are some I use:

As we travel the U.S. and state highways we still find campgrounds that seem not to be listed anywhere so I keep my own POI file for the GPS and mapping program.
The National Forest Campground Guide and the Ultimate Public Campground Project websites list both free and pay public campgrounds. This website provides links to the websites for each state's State Parks. This website describes the park passes available in the various states.

ON EDIT: I tried it without logging in and found out that you can download or use the flip book without logging in...meaning anyone can access the information, Escapees member or not! I think that's weird, but it is what it is!

This surprised me also, so I dropped a note to Travis Carr and this is what he replied. Thank you Travis!

The travel guide has always been open to the public for the past few years. There are two reason why. When we had it only available to members, potential members were constantly asking for a sample of the guide. The second reason is that the guide doesn’t really give non-members anything as you have to be a member to take advantage of the discounts.

Thanks,

Travis

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived