State residency

I don't know of any state, including South Dakota, where you can get your initial driver's license without being in the state.

As Biker 56 said, you can register your vehicle(s) via mail. Call your mail forwarding service...they should be able to supply the necessary forms you'll need to complete, or tell you where you can download them (I used to have the URL, but since we're no longer fulltimers, I deleted all that information from my computer).

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

I don't know of any state, including South Dakota, where you can get your initial driver's license without being in the state.

As Biker 56 said, you can register your vehicle(s) via mail. Call your mail forwarding service...they should be able to supply the necessary forms you'll need to complete, or tell you where you can download them (I used to have the URL, but since we're no longer fulltimers, I deleted all that information from my computer).

Bugout

If You are registered (or want to be) in Texas you can either contact the Escapees 888 757 2582 or Polk County License at 936 327 6801.

But as Linda and Biker pointed out, you will still have to appear in person for your First Drivers License.

Good Luck whatever you choose and come join us on the road.

Dave O

Don't forget to move your voting registration when you move your domicile, your mail service should have the exact details for their state / county.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Archived