Class8 conversion

Lladnar

I am sure I am not the first person to ask this question, but can a class 8 conversion that is registered as an rv be financed in conjunction with a fifth wheel as a package deal. I am looking into the HDT for multiple reasons. I am going to be retiring from the military next year so I am trying to research as much as possible between now and then. My family and I want to full time it for at least 5 years and maybe permanently.

Thanks for any advice you may have.

This question belongs in the HDT section of the Forum where you will get more responses.

As to the question: the HHRV Resource Guide, a compilation of information from HDT owners, there is a topic on HDT Financing.

While there read the rest of the information on a HDT decision.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

Welcome to the Escapee forums! We do hope that you find all you are looking for here and will do our best to help & support you. Please do not hesitate to join into any subject. It is fine to post questions such as this in any forum where you feel comfortable or where it may fit in best. The general forum is probably the most read one here so if you want advice from those who may not own a heavy truck, this is probably the best forum for that. :)

The financing issue is one that varies a great deal depending upon who you are financing with and your relationship with them. While I've never financed a heavy truck, I have owned many RVs and tow combinations over the years and am married to a former loan officer so may have some knowledge on the subject. If you have a lender in mind, or if you have a good relationship with a lender now, I suggest that you start by visiting them to discuss the possibility. If your fifth wheel is now financed, I'd start by contacting that lender and ask about adding the truck into the loan. If you have two separate loans with the same lender, there would be a much better chance of them being willing to roll both into one loan.

If you are just considering how to approach this, you would need to have a proof of value for both vehicles and the lender will want the title to each one. My loan officer wife says that she never wrote a loan like you have in mind but that if the value of the security is solid and the credit rating of the customer, she would definitely have been interested in looking at this idea.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I am looking into the HDT for multiple reasons.

Also look at the registration requirements for your state of residency. You may decide it is better to become a resident of another state, like Texas. From what I have read in the Resource Guide and the HDT forum, Florida (my state of residence) is NOT friendly to HDTs, unless you're going to pull a travel trailer. Yes, a travel trailer.

Thanks all for the information. I am originally from Texas and will be changing my home of record back there upon retiring so the registration should not be an issue. Thank you Kirk for the welcome and advice as well. I will have to look into this a bit more.

Be sure to check out the HHRV Resource Guide especially the The HDT Decision section, Also start following the Escapees HDT Forum, where you will find the knowledge of owners and experts.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

Archived