wifi ranger elite 12v install

Kimberly

Hey gang, got a wifi ranger and want to use the 12v power option.

My best placement for the cat cable would be to go through the fridge vent from the batwing antenna mount, but that's where I get apprehensive.

Can I tap into the fridge 12v wiring without hurting something?

Any tips would be appreciated. Tia.

Kimberly Flores, Trail Boss and Wagon Master
Jesse Flores, Coxswain, Shotgun Shipmate
Wagon mates: Cinnamon, Mini Schnauzer
2017 F350 Lariat Dually
2018 Keystone Fuzion 371 Toy Hauler
LovetheRVlife.com

I wouldn't tap into the fridge itself, but there's a 12V source for the fridge that shouldn't care about the small amount of power the Ranger will use.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Hey gang, got a wifi ranger and want to use the 12v power option.

My best placement for the cat cable would be to go through the fridge vent from the batwing antenna mount, but that's where I get apprehensive.

Can I tap into the fridge 12v wiring without hurting something?

Any tips would be appreciated. Tia.

If you are going to mount the Elite to the batwing, have you considered running the cat cable down the same hole as the RG6 from the batwing. In a previous trailer there was plenty of room and I was able to bring the cat cable out right next to the Winegard plate that had a 12V outlet. Even made it look nice by putting a wall plate like this next to the Winegard one.

The one that dies with the most toys is still dead!

I got out the manual showing the wiring diagram on the fridge and tapped into the 12v leads using crimp type taps. I guess I was overthinking the whole process. The hardest thing was getting the cord down the fridge flue and out the little hole I cut from the inside.

Imurphy907: The Elite comes with a 12v power cord with an inline fuse. It also came with an optional 110v power adapter but I wanted it to do its job while we are dry camping.

TCW: I thought about that but my outlet is up in the front of the trailer and I do most of my work in the living area at the rear. I wanted to be able to see the little blinking light telling me all is well.

Where I finally put it is right in the middle of the trailer.

So far so good.

Kimberly Flores, Trail Boss and Wagon Master
Jesse Flores, Coxswain, Shotgun Shipmate
Wagon mates: Cinnamon, Mini Schnauzer
2017 F350 Lariat Dually
2018 Keystone Fuzion 371 Toy Hauler
LovetheRVlife.com

Archived