MaximumSignal Update?

MNRon

This is probably for Gord . . .

What sort of difference did you find between using a Magnetic Mount vs Trucker antenna?

The mag mount has more cable 25 as compared to 10 . Performance is about the same . The mag mount is also a lot more forgiving if you hit a tree branch . The mag mount is 13 inches high . The trucker is 30 inches high.

Keeping You Connected

Proud Commercial Member #129 http://www.maximumsignal.net/

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The mag mount has more cable 25 as compared to 10 . Performance is about the same . The mag mount is also a lot more forgiving if you hit a tree branch . The mag mount is 13 inches high . The trucker is 30 inches high.

Tx Gord. I was concerned if there was any significant performance differences. Bought my system today.

SKP #79313 / Full-Timing / 2001 National RV Sea View / 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

I am in Cushing, Tx with almost no signal detected by my iPhone. No internet at all on phone and have to have phone facing a window to talk on it.

But with Maximum Signal booster on, my internet works fine with an LTE signal. It is this connection boosted by Maximum Signal that is sending this post.

Thanks a bunch Gord.

I am in Cushing, Tx with almost no signal detected by my iPhone. No internet at all on phone and have to have phone facing a window to talk on it.

But with Maximum Signal booster on, my internet works fine with an LTE signal. It is this connection boosted by Maximum Signal that is sending this post.

Thanks a bunch Gord.

Glad you are happy and you can Stay Connected!!!

Keeping You Connected

Just got featured in new products section of Rv Lifestyle magazine after they field tested The Max Amp Mobile RV Package. They deemed it superior to anything else they tested.

http://rvlifemag.dgtlpub.com/?i=4011

Yep! They sure did... :D

"The system can cover a range of up to 53 feet providing up to 8 users with enhanced signal strength. In our tests we saw an increase of two bars in signal strength – the best result so far for this type of device."

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Over the past could of months, I've discovered that one of the difficulties with trying to understand the effect of the Max Signal amp is that LTE transmission is a complex subject. Not to be condescending, but if your understanding of the strength of your cellular signal is limited to the number of "bars" at the top of your phone's screen, then you aren't going to understand how the amp really works. I've made a few posts about the multiple parameters that have to be considered in order to understand if the amp is working properly.

Yesterday, here in Rockport TX Verizon suffered a major service disruption that permitted me to better understand the complexity of the topic. Today, with the help of an excellent website: http://www.cellmapper.net/map?MCC=311&MNC=480 I was able to precisely identify the tower that we are connected to at our "home base". Yesterday, that tower appeared to have been down and what service we did have was coming from a more distant tower. With the Max Amp running the LTE signal we could receive was at ~-125 dBm, when it was available at all. However, most of the time we were receiving a 1xRTT signal which had an amazing ~-85dBm signal strength. There's no way that a distant tower would be received at -85dBm; that had to be the effect of the Max Amp.

I admit that I didn't think to disconnect the amp to see the difference, but I'm pretty sure that there's no way I could have been receiving an -85dBm signal without an amplifier. The cell mapper database (link above) provides detailed information about cellular towers. The tower we normally connect to has maximum signal power of -81dBm, so the ~-102dBm that I receive at 1.5 miles is pretty reasonable. Yesterday, we were on a tower at ~5x the distance and it also has a maximum power in the -65dBm range. Therefore, to receive it at -85dBm at 10 miles we had to have the help of the Max Signal amplifier.

Bottom line, it was a lousy evening with very little internet access, but I'm confident that what we had was due to the Max Signal amp.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Gord, if I was to order one, how long would it take to get to me? I am in Las Vegas, NV

But we are moving a few times to different campgrounds and I want to order with the right address.

I appreciate any help

Thanks

Blessed Travels,
Judi, John, Peanut and DeJae' (Our baby girl DeJae passed 7/21/2019)

Gord, if I was to order one, how long would it take to get to me? I am in Las Vegas, NV

But we are moving a few times to different campgrounds and I want to order with the right address.

I appreciate any help

Thanks

We ship Priority mail the day you order . Vegas is Usually 2 days. Rural locations can be 3 days. We will send you tracking that day so you can keep track.

Keeping You Connected

We ship Priority mail the day you order . Vegas is Usually 2 days. Rural locations can be 3 days. We will send you tracking that day so you can keep track.

Awesome, just placed order.....we are newbies as of tomorrow and excited. Thanks Gord, just hope we can hook it up right.

Blessed Travels,

Shipped Tracking is in your messages. 2 Boxes.

Thanks for the order

Got them, I am sure they won't post info on them till tomorrow. USPS is slow with that stuff sometimes.

Thanks for shipping so quick, I am excited.

Blessed Travels,

Got them, I am sure they won't post info on them till tomorrow. USPS is slow with that stuff sometimes.

Thanks for shipping so quick, I am excited.

No problem . Try to get everything out same day even on Sunday. I live by the Airport Branch that is even open on Sundays.

Keeping You Connected

• 2 weeks later...

Gord, will the new package with 2 antennas be the Max amp mobile rv kit? I have been looking at both options but need the larger power for my rv along with the ability to use amp in my tow vehicle?

<p>Gene & Colleen2009 Volvo 670 customized by Gregg RV Haulers, 2014 New Horizon 5th wheel, 2012 smart car on the deck. Full time 6/17/2014

Vmmonline.org

The Max amp mobile RV amplifier is too powerful to be used in a truck as it is impossible to get proper antenna separation. . The Max Amp mobile amp is in the kit . That amplifier will still give you 20 to 30 feet coverage in your RV . That is the trade off for being able to use The kit in your tow vehicle and RV.

Keeping You Connected

So the amplifier would be moved when you travel? How much for the other antannae for those of us that have already purchased a system?

list price is on site. Call me if you already have system we can work something out. Please note you cannot move Max Amp Mobile RV amplifier . It is too powerful for a tow vehicle as you cannot get needed antenna separation.

Keeping You Connected

Well as a newbie to RVing all together. We purchased the Max Signal but am having an issue....

Roof mounting it is no problem. Ceiling mounting, no problem (all though the part the inside antenna connects to makes the inside antenna bigger than expected and with it being black...really stands out. I would paint it as suggested by some but am afraid that then it will eventually wear off and need to be redone)

Anyway, far from my true and biggest problem. I have picked a place in the bedroom by the TV to install the amp as there is 4 power outlets there and a place to keep it out of the way.

HERE IS THE PROBLEM.....how do I wire the antenna from the roof to the max amp? I know it will be a chore to figure out how to run cable from max amp to the inside antenna...I have read using one of the little AC ducts but that means running it from bedroom, through bathroom to livingroom ceiling.

Anyone have some simple instructions for this RV layman in a 40ft motorhome? SO appreciate any help.

Blessed Travels,

Well as a newbie to RVing all together. We purchased the Max Signal but am having an issue....

Roof mounting it is no problem. Ceiling mounting, no problem (all though the part the inside antenna connects to makes the inside antenna bigger than expected and with it being black...really stands out. I would paint it as suggested by some but am afraid that then it will eventually wear off and need to be redone)

Anyway, far from my true and biggest problem. I have picked a place in the bedroom by the TV to install the amp as there is 4 power outlets there and a place to keep it out of the way.

HERE IS THE PROBLEM.....how do I wire the antenna from the roof to the max amp? I know it will be a chore to figure out how to run cable from max amp to the inside antenna...I have read using one of the little AC ducts but that means running it from bedroom, through bathroom to livingroom ceiling.

Anyone have some simple instructions for this RV layman in a 40ft motorhome? SO appreciate any help.

I cannot consult on how you run your wiring as far as the antenna . I was trying to be really nice and sent you one of the only prototypes one our newest project I have for your interior antenna. It will be a while before I can afford a full production . Run. The other antenna I sell for interior is adequate . This ones performance numbers are amazing according to my engineers. I will be happy to take it back and try and find you white version of the old model . My apologies for tthe imposition.

Keeping You Connected

There is a pretty good video here:

Jim and Kellie

2017 DRV 38RSSA Mobile Suite

2016 Western Star 5700xe

YouTube Channel

tZlofkCl.jpg   

Archived