Campgroud charges $15.00 to receive mail.

chiefneon

Howdy!

We will be finding out more regarding they're mail policy when we checkin next week. One thing to consider regarding mail service at this park "Royal Coachman RV Resort" is that they are a large Encore park. We actually drove over to the park to check it out before booking it as we have a very large 5er 44' and MDT to see if we could fit. I'm sure this park if booked completely up with snowbirds during the peak season which starts in October.

"Happy Trails"

Chiefneon

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime

Almost all RV parks that visited in our 11 year of FTing have mail service. Currently we are in Evergreen COHO in Chimacum, WA, a SKP coop. The leaseholders have mail delivered to the park, but renters must use the P.O. as General Delivery. The PO is 1.4 miles and I walk it. No big problem. UPS and Fed Ex deliver to the site. Just the way they do it. No biggie. We did a 5 month winter in a premium RV Resort in Hemet, CA a while back, that charged a $5. mailroom fee per month. You'd think they could have folded that into their $800. a month rent!!!! If you didn't subscribe and you got mail, they had a table which you accessed thru a window and they stacked it up. You could go thru everyone's mail and packages....not too secure for sure. rockin'

'12 Excel Limitied 33ft GKE Full Timing '14 Chev 3500 CC DRW D/A named Bullet

I found this at the RV resort's website:

http://royalcoachmanresort.net/index_htm_files/Notice%2003-17-15%202015-2016%20RCR%20Mail%20Procedures.pdf

Here is what it says about the RV sites:

"To receive mail during your stay, you can reserve a mailbox in the mailroom for a $15.00 refundable deposit by credit card. Your deposit will be returned when the key is returned. If you would like us to forward your mail, please provide us with address labels. If we create labels for you there will be a charge of $1.00 per sheet. *If you do not have a mail box, we will return mail to sender."

That's an entirely different scenario than just charging $15 to receive your mail. In this case, I would not have a problem paying the $15...I'd just make sure that the key got returned. I'd also request written proof of such return since I assume the refund would be given as a credit on the credit card that was used.

I would definitely do it this way, also. The money is refundable if you turn in the key. No big deal.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

No offense meant, but this maybe a case of what was said, and what was heard, are two different things.

A deposit versus a charge of $ 15.00 certainly is.

Hopefully the OP will update us.

Camping Rig:

2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins

2006 Outback 27 RSDS

Two rescue dogs: A Catahoula mix & a Chihuahua mix.

Fulltimer since 2006

$15 my rear. I would wait until the next stop if possible or I would have it shipped General Delivery to the post office.

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

I know enough people in this area that I'd just use the address of a friend if it were an issue. Being long term types, I doubt they'd want to rock the boat too much. We're steady income from month to month. There's one person here in the park that's been here for 6 years. (He has a very nice fifth wheel and his site is immaculate.) I can see how it could be more difficult for those who travel about more but by the same token, you'd be more likely to find a new attitude at the next stop.

Solution #1-

If it is being sent UPS or FED EX, give them a site #, Acme RV Park. They will deliver it to your RV site.

Solution #2.- If it is being sent USPS have it sent General Delivery as has been suggested.

Solution #3.- And Maybe the BEST - Choose another RV Park. The original one may start charging you each flush--

Traveling America in "God's Grace"

Solution #1-

If it is being sent UPS or FED EX, give them a site #, Acme RV Park. They will deliver it to your RV site.

Solution #2.- If it is being sent USPS have it sent General Delivery as has been suggested.

Solution #3.- And Maybe the BEST - Choose another RV Park. The original one may start charging you each flush--

That, #1, is my experience too. However, Chiefneon stated differently in post #21.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Howdy!

This is a update to my original post. We checked in to Royal Coachman RV Park yesterday. It was refreshing to meet the employees who where very helpful and friendly. When asked about receiving mail I was advised regarding the procedure and no mention of a fee. When I asked About the $15.00 fee we had been informed of over the phone they stated that was for a mail box key if we wanted to use one and that it was refundable.

"Happy Trails"

Chiefneon

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime

When I asked About the $15.00 fee we dad been informed of over the phone they stated that was for a mail box key if we wanted to use one and that it was refundable.

"Happy Trails"

Chiefneon

All's well that ends well! You may have spoken with a new, poorly informed employee. Enjoy your stay there. :D

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Solution #1-

The problem we have experienced is with Amazon Prime.

They say they are shipping UPS, but in some cases UPS turns it over to the USPS system which doesn't work at some parks that WILL NOT accept USPS. USPS will not deliver to a specific site and mark it REFUSED by ADDRESSEE.

USPS in this case returns it to the Sender unless we are able to locate the post office quickly and get it before they do.

Moving to another Park is not a viable alternative, so we have it shipped to a local relative and then it does not matter, UPS or USPS.

Still a PITA till we got it all worked out.

Dave O

Archived