New DRV

We are thinking of buying a new DRV. Does anyone have any dealer recommendations please? We are current owners of a 2008 Double Tree and have been enjoying fulltiming since May 20 2015.

Terry and Lindsey

and our Border Collie Daisy Mae

2008 Select Suites 36 TK3

2015 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn Crew Cab DRW

Fulltimers since May 20, 2015

I can not talk about personal experience but a good friend has a DRV on order, he dealt with Kansas RV Center in Chanute KS and RV's or Less in Knoxville, TN. He ended up ordering from RV's for Less. Greg

Greg & Judy Bahnmiller
Class of 2007
2014 F350
2007 HitchHiker Champagne

Both sold 2/19, settled in Foley, AL after 12 years on the road

http://bahnmilleradventure.blogspot.com/

Kansas RV Center is great. They actually appreciate a customer and will make sure you are pleased with your purchase. The owner and CEO is actively involved in the business. The make ready and service are fantastic in Chanute, KS.

Low price is not always the best deal. We have bought several RVs over the years and without a doubt, Kansas RV is the best dealer we have ever dealt with.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

We just picked up our unit a month ago. We bought it from Teria RV. THEY ARE ABOUT 30 miles from the plant. Where do you live? Would you be willing to travel across the country? You then would have to weigh the cost and time to travel to get it and bring it back home.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

my suggestion is to figure out with DRV what customizations you want, then put it out to bid to ANY dealer that you are willing to drive to, to pick it up. If you are fulltiming, warranty work can be done anywhere, actually, preferably at the factory.

for a specific list of dealers with reasonably good reviews:

Tiara

Allseasons

RVs For Less ( if you have nothing to trade in)

Rolling Retreats

Sue

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

Sue makes the same suggestion that I would. Back in 1998 we were shopping for a new RV and as a member of the RV Consumer Group, I contacted them for advice on how to get a better price. They suggested that I contact the manufacturer for a list of all dealers in the area which I could reasonably travel to and get bids.

What I did was to visit one dealer and go through the order process for new, making up a sheet which showed the base price of the unit, followed by each option I wanted to order and the price of each. This is a pretty standard form that most dealers use and at the right is the price with a total price at the bottom. In most cases they then do any discounts at the bottom and list the price they are asking and you can then take a copy of that sheet with you for reference, until you actually settle on an agreed upon price.

I contacted 10 different dealers and asked them if they would be interested in bidding on the sale of my new RV and asked for a fax number for each to send them a list of exactly what we wished to order. I took that price sheet from the first dealer, covered up all numbers to copy it without them, then faxed a copy of that with no numbers and no dealership information showing. Within 2/3 days we received a return fax from 9 different dealers and 7 of the 9 were offering better prices than my first dealer. I eventually settled on a dealer that was about 120 miles away. The first dealer had offered a price of 87% of the MSRP while the bid price accepted was at 76% of MSRP.

I did give the local dealer an opportunity to match the deal, but that didn't happen.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Good Morning,

Thank you all for your very informative replies. We were not aware that you could "bid". We will investigate all of your referrals. We do have a DRV to trade and we can go anywhere. I believe we will do a factory tour and then see which Elite we will want to modify to our needs and wants.

We just met a couple in here in Anacortes at the rv park where we are spending the summer. They have a new Elite Suite and have also so given us some good info on how they customized theirs.

We can't wait to see some up cllose and personal.

Thanks again

Lindsey

Terry and Lindsey

and our Border Collie Daisy Mae

2008 Select Suites 36 TK3

2015 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn Crew Cab DRW

Fulltimers since May 20, 2015

If you want a fairly standard rig with modest modifications then RVs for Less will probably give you the best deal with standard delivery dates (3 to 4 months). If you have a lot of modifications the price may still be the best but you will have a fairly long delivery process (5-6 mos) and it will not be smooth, as the communication lines between this dealer and DRV are not the best. They do give good price deals though and if you want a standard rig you may be able to just walk on to their small lot and find something you want. Be aware that only a few of the DRV models have bathroom access when the slides are in.

2010 Volvo VNL 670 D13 500 HP Ishift - "THOR"

2016 DRV Elite Suites 38RSSA - "Freya"

2012 Smart For Two - "Loki"

Ron & Shelley Johnston, pilots

Toy, Nika, and Piranha, feline co-pilots and Demi-gods (at least if you ask them).

I would suggest this nation wide distributor - www.Allseasonsrv.com

Allseasons is who we bought from, because they had the best price, taking into account our trade in. They were fine to work with, but did Not go above and beyond average. We didn't care because they are so close to the factory that when we picked up our rig, and there were several issues, we told them to call the factory and get permission for us to show up TOMORROW.

they did, we went, and all got fixed.

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

We would also recommend getting bids from various dealers. We did that with our custom Newmar and there was a definite range of prices.They were all bidding on exactly the same options/customs. We went with the cheapest. As full-timers we didn't care where we bought as we probably weren't going to be in the same area if warranty work was needed. Any Newmar dealer would do it.

If DRV works that way, it a super easy way to get the best price. Good luck.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Rolling Retreats in Elk City OK is a very good dealership with extremely good pricing. They actually compete allot with RV's for Less. You will not find nicer people to talk to either. Alicia knows DRV's capabilities when it comes to customization better than most of the employees at DRV and if you want something really bad, she does not give up easily and usually gets DRV to make the change. Rolling Retreats also deal in used DRV's so might be a good place to get a quote including the trade in.

"Bloom where you are planted"
2006 F350 6.0 L Diesel, Lariet, Firestone air bags, Reese 20K Hitch
2006 DRV Mobile Suites 32TK3, MorRyde Pin Box, MorRyde I.S., Progressive Ind. EMS
Class of 2013 (12/21/2013)

We purchased our 44Houston in January at the Tampa RV show AFTER getting quotes from RVS for Less and Rolling Retreats. Both were very nice and excellent to deal with; however, I found RVS for Less to be a better pricing quote than Rolling Retreats by about $4K. Ours is a Mobile Suites with many upgrades and we got our absolute best deal at the Tampa Show.

We spoke with Kyle from DRV along with their Production Engineer and worked out a few of our details first hand.

We found a few items which need to be fixed but all in all the people from DRV were excellent to deal with and extremely accommodating. There are some customizations that are outside their normal production process but all of ours turned out really nice.

I think the key is to thoroughly check out your RV for several days and develop a punch list for the dealer to fix. There will be items to fix, it won't be perfect - NO manufacturer is perfect. Get them fixed upfront BEFORE you pull it off the lot. I think you will be more satisfied with the experience.

David

2016 Volvo VNL780 D13 I-Shift

2016 DRV 44 Houston

2015 Smart Cabriolet

I recently ordered from RVs for Less. I don't know whether I'm getting the best finanecal deal with trade but doing prior stopping around, the number work out based on MSRP values versus dollars to trade.

But over the past year or so I talked to many people to brought new fifth wheels. My questionhs were; Where did you trade? Why did you select that dealer? How was the RV received and any problems getting warranty done?

The common answer was the DRV's had the best product hitting the street ( I hope Thor continues that quality). The excited people were those that had purchased from RVs for Less. The care received in finding any problems and care extended that you knew the RV before it left the lot were highest on the list.

For a Dollars I took the peoples recommendation after all diesel is getting cheaper.

My only hope is my unit is on a positive schedule as I do have a floor plan change and thats a DRV issue not the dealer.

Clay

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

Archived