Escapee Badges

chindog

i'm about to order our Escapee name badges. There is an option for dangles, and the text to be put on the dangles.

What are dangles? What would we want to put on them?

We got our RV Bootcamp hangy things today. Are those considered dangles?

Mike and Retha Hopkins

2014 Fleetwood Discovery 40G

Dangles are small devices that are designed to be hung under your membership badge. I'm not sure about the "RV Bootcamp hangy things" as I've not attended, but I'd bet that they are dangles as described. Some members add a dangle to indicate membership in one or more "Birds of a Feather" groups. Some have one to indicate that they are officers of one of those groups. Others put one on to show where they are from. It is kind of a way to personalize your name badge.

Pam & I have chosen not to add any of those to our name tags but that is a personal choice.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Thanks for the response, Kirk. The "hangy things" we got at boot camp graduation were indeed supposed to be hung from the bottom of an official name badge, so they must be dangles. We were told that many Escapees have multiple mini-badges hanging from their name badge. So, when presented with the opportunity to add a dangle, and specify what text to put on that dangle, I am at a loss. It's sort of like making up your own merit badge, from what I can tell.

Mike and Retha Hopkins

2014 Fleetwood Discovery 40G

We have some dangles but only wear them at certain events. But getting them on and off was a pain. My sister the beader put necklace clasps on ours so now we can easily unhook the "long road of dangles" when we don't want them on. I think the clasp is called a "clam clasp" easly found in any beading shop or craft store

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

Some folks have 'dangles' (never heard the term in 16 years of full-timing) for every Birds of a Feather Club they are members of such as Boondockers, Boomers, etc. or just for general activities they enjoy. We just use the nametag, keeping it simple.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

We did both, had a simple badge with a magnet for most uses and another badge with a pin and a bunch of dangly things. Used the simple badge for most things but went to the dangly one for social hours and rallies, it does help folks spot other folks with similar interests.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Archived