New HDT - 1998 Volvo VNL610 - Questions about ECM

Saddle

We're the proud new owners of this HDT, and we just added to it a Newmar Cypress 37ft. New chapter in our lives for sure.

Truck runs well, but I am trying to find out how to read the settings in the ECM. It has a Detroit Series 60 11.1L engine.

Is there a way that I can read and/or change any of the Data in the ECM? With a laptop and software, and the proper cable?

Thanks,

Greg

volvosmall2.jpg

Welcome to the forum and the new chapter in your life.

I do not have any experience with the Series 60, but have seen a couple different interface modules for connecting to the ECM.

John

Southern Nevada

2008 Volvo 780, D13, I-Shift

2017 Keystone Fuzion 420 Toyhauler 

2017 Can-Am Maverick X3-RS

ALAKAZARCACODEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMS
event.png

This is a job for a shop with the equipment. The adapter and mostly the software is too expensive.

Also the parameters are very cryptic for an amateur.

The minimum will be and hour. Get a printout and recommendations for settins, like no idle shutoff, remove max speed.

I like to set the minimum cruise to 20 mph.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

We're the proud new owners of this HDT, and we just added to it a Newmar Cypress 37ft. New chapter in our lives for sure.

Truck runs well, but I am trying to find out how to read the settings in the ECM. It has a Detroit Series 60 11.1L engine.

Is there a way that I can read and/or change any of the Data in the ECM? With a laptop and software, and the proper cable?

Thanks,

Greg

if your out west , i can do it for next to nothing... i got the software/hardware combo.

Detroits are my specialty anyways since i also own one. Series 60 12.7L (the 11.1L bigger brother)

Fulltimer Class of 2007

1998 Volvo VNL64T610 Detroit Series 60 12.7 470HP/1650TQ Eaton 18spd 228"WB Tandem
2006 40' ToyHauler 3 slides and a 14' Toybox

Archived