Wheel polishing?

dblr

Ok a guy offered to do all six wheels, lug covers and steps on each side of the truck while in a campground today for $100, do you think that is a good price? I am a little on the lazy side in this heat and figure what the heck why not. Was I crazy, answer truthfully I can take it. Thanks for your opinion.

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

What campground are you in and his far from Kansas City? I'll be right down

Rick and Alana

Fulltimers

2018 Newmar Ventana 4037

2020 Jeep Gladiator 

1997 Jeep TJ

2009 Mobile Suites 36RSSB3

formerly owned 2000 Volvo 770, 600 Cummins ISX,18 speed autoshift, 14 foot "garage"

ET,Jackalopee,MaxBrake,Pressure Pro pro

www.rickandalanasgreatadventures.blogspot.com

We are in Creekside RV Park in Pigeon Forge, I don't think he is really supposed to be doing this but they are not bothering him, told him about the East Coast Rally in Crossville and he would like to go there for the business but I did tell him that did not know if they would let him in. Seems he works the campgrounds in the area here as he has plenty to pick from. They did come out looking really nice, guess it was worth it.

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

Rennie

Is this a business he does routinely or just occasionally? PM me if it looks legit and I will see if Kim at the ECR would allow it. I know the rules say no washing of cars, trucks, or campers.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

If it was even an average job that is a bargain. At least for me it would be.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Just make sure it's not the spray one acid stuff as it causes more work later, don't ask how I know.

2009 Volvo 780. D-16 500hp 1850 torque with a Herrin hauler bed.

2015 Continental Coach

2008 650cc Suzuki Bergman

2013 Mustang GT 500 convertible

2014 Smartcar convertible

WWW.Hollyfab.com. (Metal Fabrication Company)

Jamesc@hollyfab.com (preferred contact method)

Guest THE TRAILERKING

Once you burn the aluminum you're screwed.

Never heard of that......

I do my own and it's a bit of work to do a good job. I use the large buffing wheels (various colors which are various stiffness), the large sticks of rouge (which are various colors which are various grit). I get all that from the large truck shops like Peterbilt and Freightliner. After the final polishing give them a quick wipe with a soft terry towel dabbed with some good ol' baking flour (this removes any of the black marks left from the rouge). I could spend a hour on each wheel if they are bad shape (some need a bit of a sanding prior to cutting and polishing if they're beat up at all). Once they've been done once by machine and kept clean all the time they'll need some minor maint. polishing (maybe 15 minutes each).

If that guy is doing right ........a $100.00 is cheap.

No buffer used and a Mothers liquid cleaner & a paste wax, he seemed the type just trying to make some extra cash said he ran the truck stops a lot but people looking for handouts there helped chase him away as folks thought he was after the same. Carl, he said he would check out the web site about the rally, hope he sees it and can arrange things, if I see him again will try to get a number to help him out and maybe all of us at the rally.

He did offer to come back and do my bed with a buffer, I think $150, but I declined.

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

Archived