Electric dump valves

Gabbie

Hey all you guys with electric dump valves. How do they work?

I think I know. There is an unlabeled switch in the water connection/ dump valve compartment.

I have 2 handles like regular valves have but very little movement in them. Are they supposed to be pushed in to start, then flick the switch and give a little pull on the levers which I suspect are just a silly replacement for toggle switches. Then things should start to flow...right?

Thanks in advance

Kevin

Sounds more like stiff push-pull valve rods. Usually an electric valve has a rocker switch.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

Flapper,

You just look up in that black PVC tube under your trailer then pull the handle. That way you can "see" them work. Just couldn't resist. ;)

Seriously, here is a link to show an electric valve. If you have two pull handles wouldn't think you have electric valves. Wonder if the switch is for tank heaters or elbow heaters. The cable valves can be very stiff and hard to pull.

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/electric-waste-valve/36150

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Open the storage bay doors and look and see if you can see the valves. The black tank valve should be fairly easy to find. See if its cable or electric. If electric there should be a manual override.

On the Carrilite, we had Wastemaster Electric valves. Pain in the rear to operate, or keep in operation. I swapped them out to cable pulls. Before the install, I added a grease zerk on the valve where the blade bottoms out in the closed position. Seems to help keep them sliding easy with a little squirt every once in a while

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

The unlabeled switch in that compartment on a DRV is often another switch to turn the water pump on/off. It acts like a 3 way switch where either that one or the interior switch can cycle the pump. Turn off the pump with the inside switch, relieve the pressure inside by turning on the water in the sink and then flip that outside switch to see if it turns on the pump. Most of the tank and elbow heater switches that I have seen on a DRV are located inside.

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

Thanks all

I figured it out, they are not electric, as Carl suggested I had a look in that big black PVC tube thingy and had the wife pull really hard to see if any thing happened inside the pipe....... You son of a gun!!!!! LOL

Kidding.....Actually as Carl really suggested I had to pull really really hard...I even put my foot next to the T-handles and yanked so hard I thought I was going to break the dang thing right off, Then all the sudden the grey slowly came out, then I did the black it, it was even tougher to pull out. I exercisesed both levers a few times. They work a lot smoother but still very stiff compared to my Cameo.

Thanks again to all my internet friend with there suggestions .

Another problem solved.

Some tank "treatments" contain something to help lubricate the valves.

A table spoon of olive oil after every meal.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Flapper,

You just look up in that black PVC tube under your trailer then pull the handle. That way you can "see" them work. Just couldn't resist. ;)

Seriously, here is a link to show an electric valve. If you have two pull handles wouldn't think you have electric valves. Wonder if the switch is for tank heaters or elbow heaters. The cable valves can be very stiff and hard to pull.http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/electric-waste-valve/36150

That's kind of a crappy thing to tell him....

It might piss him off.....

John

Southern Nevada

2008 Volvo 780, D13, I-Shift

2017 Keystone Fuzion 420 Toyhauler 

2017 Can-Am Maverick X3-RS

ALAKAZARCACODEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMS
event.png

Mine pulled really hard and I did not want to mess with digging into the belly to replace them when they broke. I redid the external plumbing and now all my valves are visible and accessible. The original valves are still there but they are open and not used.

Ron C.

2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3850 D3

2000 Kenworth T2000 Optimus Prime

That's kind of a crappy thing to tell him....

It might piss him off.....

Your right, it did kind of "stink" didn't it. Good thing Flapper and I are old friends.

BTW off topic, Vegas, if you ever come to the National rally. Hook up with Steve Dixon (one of the hosts with his wife Gail). He flys 747's for Atlas Air. You guys probably would have some good campfire stories.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Flapper, I have found that multiple small applications of penetrating lubricants along with gently ?? exercising the valve cables will sometimes help......kinda like DR Pepper..... 10, 2 and 4 for several days. I'm sure you will enjoy your DRV. I hope to get a tour at next years ECR. Be safe. Charlie

Don't ever tell a soldier that he doesn't understand the cost of war.

Your right, it did kind of "stink" didn't it. Good thing Flapper and I are old friends.

BTW off topic, Vegas, if you ever come to the National rally. Hook up with Steve Dixon (one of the hosts with his wife Gail). He flys 747's for Atlas Air. You guys probably would have some good campfire stories.

Ok thanks Suite, I have a few friends who fly for Atlas.

We are not going to be able to make it this year but planning on it in 2016.

John

Southern Nevada

2008 Volvo 780, D13, I-Shift

2017 Keystone Fuzion 420 Toyhauler 

2017 Can-Am Maverick X3-RS

ALAKAZARCACODEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMS
event.png

Flapper, I have found that multiple small applications of penetrating lubricants along with gently ?? exercising the valve cables will sometimes help......kinda like DR Pepper..... 10, 2 and 4 for several days. I'm sure you will enjoy your DRV. I hope to get a tour at next years ECR. Be safe. Charlie

No problem on the tour Charlie,

There will be a small one time access cost up front though,...but I promise it will go to a very good foundation. I think it might even be tax deductable. It is called HELP KEVIN PAY FOR HIS TRAILER FOUNDATION............LOL.

When I get home from our 3 week vacation I plan on dumping some cooking oil into the black tank and then open and closr the valve to see if that will get some lube into the slidding mechanism. Hope that helps it out some. We do not have sewer hookup at this time. Mother nature would be a little upset if I started dumping 5 gallons of oil all over the place.

Thanks again for all the help. I will put the suggestions to use, including the Dr pepper :)

My Newmar has the cable pulls. Yeah, they can be stiff. Like pushing a car uphill with a rope, I just know they are not going to work one day. For less than $10 I bought a manual valve and added it in the line before the exit point.

2000 Volvo 635 A/S, N-14 Cummins
"The Phoenix"
'03 KA 38KSWB

http://s918.photobucket.com/user/sibernut/library/?sort=6&page=1
Furkids- Sibe's CH. Sedona & Tseika
dolphins.jpg

With water in the tanks oils like olive, vegetable, etc. usually just float on out. Theoretically, best lubricants are SOAP (not detergents). Can't promise results but one remedy I know of is a cup of Murphy's Oil Soap in 5 gallons of warm water to keep tanks clean and valves from sticking. Put it in the grey tanks and drive. Washes tank and safely lubricates rubber seals and plastic blades in valves. One old friend used to put shavings down the drain from a bar of Ivory soap in his tanks and swore he had slick opening valves all the time.

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!

Archived