Wondering if my slide is extending completely...

Was wondering if a more seasoned RVr could tell me if this looks right to them. I picked up this RV a few weeks ago and I've been going through fixing up the things that need fixing.

It is a 2009 Newmar Allstar

Anyway, while lubricating the slides I noticed a couple things.

The first thing I noticed was a small rip in the seal on the bottom of the bed room slide. I'm not sure it merits replacing.. but if I do decide to tackle the job is there a certain technique to doing so?

The second thing is that the slide doesn't appear to be extending all the way out. I get this impression because the windows aren't clearing the seals. I found a nut that seems to be the adjuster nut for telling the slide when to stop, but before I back it off a couple turns I wanted to make sure that I'm correct in thinking it's not extending all the way and get any advice on doing it.

I've attached some pictures to show what I'm talking about.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/96bxuwoxiof7oju/back.win.1.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b6241pv3kpl1c64/back.win.2.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tfa1n9qvbrbbqdm/nut.1.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/krle1bjcll6xd17/nut.2.jpg

I personally have never seen a slide where the window frame does not clear the rubber seals. The best way to tell if the slide extends all the way is to check the facial on the inside. When deployed the facial should fit snug against the wall.

as far as the adjustment nut you are showing I'm not certain that is the distant adjustment. It seems like there is not enough adjustment to correct what you are talking about. Slide out adjustment is somewhat nerve wracking. I have done it on my Cameo, but always had the idea if I screwed it up I would take it to someone to correct my mess up.

good luck

Cary

2014 Ram,4x4,dually,CC Cummins

2011 Carriage Cameo 37KS3

full body paint, Most options except Generator

SKP# 123923

I personally have never seen a slide where the window frame does not clear the rubber seals. The best way to tell if the slide extends all the way is to check the facial on the inside. When deployed the facial should fit snug against the wall.

as far as the adjustment nut you are showing I'm not certain that is the distant adjustment. It seems like there is not enough adjustment to correct what you are talking about. Slide out adjustment is somewhat nerve wracking. I have done it on my Cameo, but always had the idea if I screwed it up I would take it to someone to correct my mess up.

good luck

Cary

On the inside it's questionable.. That's why I'm asking. There's a sponge padding on the inside that just barely touches. It is about 1.5" thick so I suspect it should compress a little.

Read everything concerning your slide mechanism you can find for self-education, then, making small adjustments, move the slide out about 1/2" while noting the closed position too. Note; operating the motor frequently can cause it to trip a breaker/overload, so allow some cooling time between movements.

The last time I was at the Dutchmen factory having work done, the service manager told me very few dealers have knowledgeable techs for slide mechanisms.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

That slide is actually out further. The seals clear the windows on that one. On mine I have about an inch to go.

Also we've been getting a lot of rain lately and as I was messing around looking for things that could be the cause I noticed the carpet is wet.

The slide has been in, so not sure if it rain related or something else... But I'm a little concerned I have a leak somewhere...

That slide is actually out further. The seals clear the windows on that one. On mine I have about an inch to go.

Also we've been getting a lot of rain lately and as I was messing around looking for things that could be the cause I noticed the carpet is wet.

The slide has been in, so not sure if it rain related or something else... But I'm a little concerned I have a leak somewhere...

Definitely have water coming in.. slide has been out and it's been raining like crazy and now the floor is much wetter than before.

Archived