Wickenburg Flooding

JRP

The summer monsoon rains were heavier than usual yesterday afternoon around Wickenburg, Az. Seeing lots of damage reports from the area, including several RV's parked too close to a normally dry stream bed. Hope all our friends in that area are safe and dry.

az-flood-photo.jpg

Jim

Articles I've read are not clear on the point - were those mostly boondockers? In any case it just breaks your heart to see that.

Dennis & Nancy
Tucson, AZ in winter, on the road in summer.

1999 Volvo 610 "Bud" 425 HP Volvo, Super 10 spd.
2005 Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
2013 smart fortwo CityFlame riding on Bud
(Replaced '05 smart first loaded in '06

and '11 smart that gave it's life to save me!)
Our Travel Blog

Not sure Dennis. I've seen lots of photos, videos & reports of Houses, mobile homes and these RV's impacted. But no details on which mobile home or RV park was hit. I know there is a mobile home park with an RV section right along the big wash on the NE side of Wickenburg, but not sure if that's where these came from.

Jim

Our local weatherman on Channel 13 in Albuquerque showed a map of the impact by El Nino this year. Areas affected include New Mexico and Arizona. Predicting a much wetter than normal Fall and Winter and that this El Nino is a powerful one. We have had double our average in many parts of the State.

Phil, Carol, Ariel, Grey Lady, SKP# 93039

2009 Carriage Cameo

2016 Ram 2500, CTD, 4X4

With mirth and laughter let old wrinkles come.

http://motojavaphil.blogspot.com/

Similar floods affected places in mid Texas this year. Pecan Park RV (near San Marcos - between Austin and San Antonio) was hit pretty hard. Many of the state parks were also hit pretty hard. Sometimes these floods come up with NO warning. It's hard to be careful when it is raining upstream. Many people think that upstream will not affect where they are located. They call a floodplain a "floodplain" for a very good reason.

scouserl41, glad there was no flooding in Yuma. When it rains hard for awhile the water ponds to about 2 inches behind our shed (shed is raised) and is gone in about an hour. The park owner we have might want to charge me more for a lake front site!

Archived