Question about Lippert frame issues on Presidential 5th wheels

nana25k

I know that there have been many conversations about Lippert frame problems. However I seem to remember that there some specific issues on some HR Presidential models in a certain year range

My brother is considering looking at a couple but for the life of me I can't find remember when there problems, what the failure issues were and what had to be repaired. Was it bad welds??? Where on the frame were these welds?

He is also considering a 2006 Landmark made by Heartland and I remember that Heartland did fix some even out of warranty

Any info you can point me to would be helpful

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

We have a '13 Landmark and I keep an eye on the welds up front. Some welds look very good, some look like a first weld by a student.

I have not heard of frame cracks on Landmark's but wouldn't doubt it. I wonder if there is anyway to get an eyeball on some of the critical areas? Maybe loading the pin to look for movement?

Dave & Tish
Beagle Bagles & Snoopy

RIP Snoopy we lost you 5-11-14 but you'll always travel with us
On the road somewhere.
AF retired, 70-90
A truck and a trailer

“He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion” -unknown

HoD vay' wej qoH SoH je nep! ngebmo' vIt neH 'ach SoHbe' loD Hem, wa' ngebmo'. nuqneH...

Archived