Grill Adapter/Connector

Is there an adapter or connector that can be attached to my main propane tank so I can connect our grill without carrying additional 20 lb. tanks? I already have a hose extension. Chuck

58dd65872f8a7_ReducedRVandCar.jpg.cf7b626fb3b5b05ebc20cb05195193a2.jpg

Chuck and Susan      1999 Fleetwood Bounder 34            Triton V10 on Ford Chassis

The quick connect propane connectors have a built in shut off valve that has to be closed to to put the hose on/off. Do NOT use regular airline quick disconnects. Just run a gas line under the coach to whereever you want them from your main gas line and add a disconnect fitting to the hose and gas line similar to this: http://www.amazon.com/Camco-59853-Propane-Quick-Connect/dp/B007HG7TFO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1437182719&sr=8-1&keywords=propane+quick+disconnect

We use the one under the coach for our grill and I also made a "T" fitting for that plugs into the original port and tees off to two ports. That allows me to hook up the grill and our firepit to one line. Our DRV came with the original line that is just under the basement door on the door side of the trailer. I use a 15' hose on the grill and 30' on the fire pit to be able to move them where needed.

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

Is your grill low pressure or high pressure? If low pressure you can tap into an onboard propane line going to refer, water heater, etc. Put on propane quick disconnects and you are good to go. If high pressure, you will need to come off a tank with a tap before the regulator. I use a low pressure grill. I black piped a line with a shut off valve where I tapped in, then under the fiver to the opposite side (passenger side) put on a quick disconnect there and jack the grill in and out. The propane quick disconnects come with a built-in shut off.

Archived