Repair Cost - Accessory Drive and Fuel Pump Volvo D12

TreyandSusan

Had this repaired and wanted to let others know should they be facing a similar repair.

Accessory Drive - $475 (core charge - $150 - Returned)

Fuel Pump - $388 (core charge - $90 - Returned)

A few other small items (o-ring, gasket, new belt, etc)

Actual Labor 7.2 hours

Total with tax and other charges $1840

Symptom was oil leak from the Accessory Drive (pulley next to the AC compressor and below the Alternator)

Volvo D12

Date 07/2015

Missing our friends and family but not the heat! We spent most of June at home in Austin (Texas not the Minnesota version). The extra humidity this year was really unpleasant :blink:, so when we finished our task there, we migrated (home repairs from bad tenant). The ticker says 19 months and 4 days, Phil - It'll come before you know it. Unfortunately we are not quite far enough north - 91* today. Looks like you'll have 93* - I'm sure it'll be hotter for you out there on the asphalt. However, I see the 100's in your near future. Keep cool and safe.

Interesting! That is one of my all time favorite shops! I will drive out of my way to get to that shop... and have. Guessing they treated you well.. Pretty much guarantee any other shop will cost more.. just sayin..

Jay

Trey, I have had that leak you mentioned, on the accessory drive.

If your fuel pump was making good pressure at the time of the repair, verifiable by an installed guage, then all that should have been necessary was a seal.

The seal is not very expensive, it fixes that leak nicely.

I have been there....done that.

Rick

Thank y'all for adding information for others to consider when this problem occurs.

They were very helpful. The mechanic took time to show us the issues and give us options and counsel.

I always like to talk to the mechanic alone when possible.

Bob in Colorado Springs (1StopTruckStop.com) is our primary mechanic and I would have had him do it but circumstances did not allow.

These guys at Dave Syversons Volvo (Albert Lea, MN - southern Minnesota I35 & I90) are very good as well.

Archived