Repair Cost - Accessory Drive and Fuel Pump Volvo D12

TreyandSusan

Had this repaired and wanted to let others know should they be facing a similar repair.

Accessory Drive - $475 (core charge - $150 - Returned)

Fuel Pump - $388 (core charge - $90 - Returned)

A few other small items (o-ring, gasket, new belt, etc)

Actual Labor 7.2 hours

Total with tax and other charges $1840

Symptom was oil leak from the Accessory Drive (pulley next to the AC compressor and below the Alternator)

Volvo D12

Date 07/2015

Susan & Trey Selman | email | HDT: '01 770 VED12 | 5er: '02 40' Travel Supreme RLTSOA | '16 Piaggio MP3 500 | '15 Smart Cabrio | Personal Blog | HHRV Resource Guide | HHRV Campgrounds | Recreation Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation |

Holy Mackerel Trey. What are y'all doing up there?? You are missing all this lovely Texas heat.

Thanks for the info.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Missing our friends and family but not the heat! We spent most of June at home in Austin (Texas not the Minnesota version). The extra humidity this year was really unpleasant :blink:, so when we finished our task there, we migrated (home repairs from bad tenant). The ticker says 19 months and 4 days, Phil - It'll come before you know it. Unfortunately we are not quite far enough north - 91* today. Looks like you'll have 93* - I'm sure it'll be hotter for you out there on the asphalt. However, I see the 100's in your near future. Keep cool and safe.

Susan & Trey Selman | email | HDT: '01 770 VED12 | 5er: '02 40' Travel Supreme RLTSOA | '16 Piaggio MP3 500 | '15 Smart Cabrio | Personal Blog | HHRV Resource Guide | HHRV Campgrounds | Recreation Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation |

If anyone cares it is 65 in Newport, OR and windy. I keep putting on a jacket. Next week we will be inland and it will be in the 90's. What a difference a little mountain range makes.

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

It just kicked through to 70* here in Woodland Park. At 1045 am.Probably going to be hot today....maybe get to 75*. Yuck. And the humidity is high at 23% it is usually under 20%.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Would it be terribly rude of me to say.....never mind, it probably would be. Besides, I'm sure you both know what I was thinking :)

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Interesting! That is one of my all time favorite shops! I will drive out of my way to get to that shop... and have. Guessing they treated you well.. Pretty much guarantee any other shop will cost more.. just sayin..

Jay

Trey, I have had that leak you mentioned, on the accessory drive.

If your fuel pump was making good pressure at the time of the repair, verifiable by an installed guage, then all that should have been necessary was a seal.

The seal is not very expensive, it fixes that leak nicely.

I have been there....done that.

Rick

1998 VOLVO 610 VED-12 @ 425 HP with 13 speed, 22.5" rubber, TC Equipped, single 3.70 drive axle, 193'' WB. REESE, 30K 4 way rocker-hitch, Jordan Ultima 2020. Under-frame mounted Honda 3000 ei, Towing a DRV MobileSuites- 36TK3 with TrailAir Pin Box, a Yamaha Road Star 1700 on deck. http://diesel-gypsy.blogspot.com

Thank y'all for adding information for others to consider when this problem occurs.

They were very helpful. The mechanic took time to show us the issues and give us options and counsel.

I always like to talk to the mechanic alone when possible.

Bob in Colorado Springs (1StopTruckStop.com) is our primary mechanic and I would have had him do it but circumstances did not allow.

These guys at Dave Syversons Volvo (Albert Lea, MN - southern Minnesota I35 & I90) are very good as well.

Archived