Sewer hose sticks...?

Many years ago I tried using the rear bumper to store a sewer hose. The bumper developed rust inside. Sliding the hose in and out of the bumper caused the rust to tear holes in the sewer hose. Haven't done that since.

Every new RV I've had since then, I've installed a pvc holder underneath the RV for the hose. I use one of those 5" pvc fence posts found at building supply stores.

I hope you have better luck than I did using the bumper.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

Many years ago I tried using the rear bumper to store a sewer hose. The bumper developed rust inside. Sliding the hose in and out of the bumper caused the rust to tear holes in the sewer hose. Haven't done that since.

Every new RV I've had since then, I've installed a pvc holder underneath the RV for the hose. I use one of those 5" pvc fence posts found at building supply stores.

Thanks for the heads up! Makes sense, I'll be changing mine soon...

I would be very interested in the details on how you did this. Chuck

58dd65872f8a7_ReducedRVandCar.jpg.cf7b626fb3b5b05ebc20cb05195193a2.jpg

Chuck and Susan      1999 Fleetwood Bounder 34            Triton V10 on Ford Chassis

I would be very interested in the details on how you did this. Chuck

Buy one of these http://www.homedepot.com/p/Veranda-White-Vinyl-Fence-Post-Common-5-in-x-5-in-x-8-ft-Actual-5-0-in-x-5-0-in-x-96-0-in-73010700/202084745 and one of these http://www.homedepot.com/p/Veranda-5-in-x-5-in-Vinyl-White-Pyramid-Post-Top-73003093/202882811?MERCH=REC-_-PIPHorizontal1_rr-_-202882826-_-202882811-_-N

I cut the post to about 5' long. I then used an old bumper cap to prevent the sewer hose from sliding out the back end. I mounted the post underneath my trailer using plumbers strap. Large zip ties are easier and very adequate.

Use the new plastic post cap on the exposed end of the post. I secured the post cap by drilling through it and the post top and bottom and sliding a six inch spike through it. This way you can just remove the spike, take the cap off, and remove the sewer hose.

post-51226-0-76370000-1437083285_thumb.jpg

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

We went to one 6" PVC and one 4" PVC. The 6" will hold any sewer hose with attachments to include the clear plastic sewer adapter. The 4" is for an auxiliary hose. We attached the hoses to the rails with extremely strong stainless holders. We also criss-crossed the pipes with tie-downs so that they do not bounce on the road.

A 6" PVC also makes a handy receptacle for the sail and mast for our blowup sailing kayak from Sails to Go. We had one of these installed on rear bumper of our 5th wheel.post-48662-0-60386200-1437095028_thumb.jpg

Reed and Elaine

A piece of rain gutter will solve the bumper rust abraiding the hose. My SIL piggybacked a PVC fence post over his bumper and uses both with gutter for trays. I've slung 3 6" PVC sewer pipes, the original pipe, plus a 3" pipe for pole storage. 1 6" pipe carries our outside rug rolled up.

ylXUWGQ.gif

ajaR0Ky.gif

YuzFntZ.gif

Archived