Elect issue with driver instruments

TRACKUM

As I was driving today all of the instruments on the dashboard with the exception of the engine water temp stopped working.

I was able to operate the vehicle with no issue. However I can't see speed, fuel, oil pressure, etc.

Can you point me in the right direction as to what has happened in this case?

Carol & Dennis

http://mothercarol.com

While it might be helpful to know what chassis your coach is riding on, I have a strong suspicion that your problem is the ground to the instrument cluster. Very likely there is one ground wire that connects to a circuit board and that supplies all of the instruments, Engine temperature would seem to be the exception to this and that isn't unusual either. That is my suggestion as the place to start. It will help if you have a good meter and reasonable access to the instrument cluster. If you can locate the ground connection, use an ohm meter to measure from there to some good chassis ground.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Just a guess, but is there a fuse for the dash?

2006 Coachmen Aurora 36ft. Class A motor home. 2009 Honda CRV toad. "Snowbirds" apprx. 6 mos. each year. Travelling to the SW each winter than returning to Wi. each summer. Retired and enjoying our travels along with Buddy the cat.

Archived