Windows 10 Release Date 29 July

DJW

Why would anyone who already has either Win 7 or Win 8 (either 8 or 8.1) buy Win 10? Win 10 will be a free upgrade. XP users will not have the free upgrade, but I would suspect many of the PCs still running XP may not be able to run Win 10.

I suppose if someone is stuck with slow download speeds or data limits, a DVD with Win 10 would be helpful. My plan is to download the ISO file, burn it to a flash drive (our new PCs do not have an optical drive and I have not had a reason to buy an external optical drive yet) then upgrade my PC first. After using Win 10 for a short while, I will upgrade my DWs PC. Even though I have beta tested Win 10, the RC may have some quirks that will cause her problems so I want to find these first so I can answer her questions.

GS Lifetime #822128658, FMCA #F431170

2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Extended Class B

I'm waiting until the first major update comes out.

I guess you mean like the Windows 8.1 update to Windows 8. That was more than a year so you will get to pay the $80-$120 upgrade fee.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

That's correct. From what I have seen the free upgrade will last for the first year, then it will cost.

From my own use and the articles I have seen, Win 10 should be a big hit and fixes most of the things that people did not like about Win 8/8.1. I did not have the problems as adding a Start Menu replacement app such as Classic Shell solved all the perceived problems. I have beta tested Windows from Win 7 onward and Win 10 is the slickest finished product to date. I certainly hope the RC will continue this.

GS Lifetime #822128658, FMCA #F431170

2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Extended Class B

Archived