Used HDT dealer prices

remoandiris

I have not seen a mid height Volvo automatic on here for a while.

The Quinn's 610 comes to mind. Look in the "for sale" section. It's listed along with a New Horizons.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

I found mine in TruckPaper, about 10 hours from home, at a Freightliner dealer (it's a Volvo), so I asked them to drive it over to the nearest Volvo dealer for an inspection. They found about $5k worth of replaceable parts. Some of it I had repaired before driving it home. The rest, I just had them knock off of the price and fixed it myself when I got it home.

"Willy Mammoth" - Volvo 730, Sold

Heartland Cyclone 4000 Toy Hauler
T-Minus 26 years and counting to being a full timer.

As Jim said, your first choice should be a forum truck already converted and with a "provenance".

Jack - good point about "provenance." I forgot that our trucks will outlast most of us and, they will have several RV owners in their "life time." I have seen more than one truck (and RV for that matter) owned by several people on this forum. And, the history is on the forum for all to see. Additionally, owners, with truck issues, seek advise from forum members. So, there is a history of problems and repairs.

Your trucks and RV's are perfect examples. The build photos and comments are readily available for everyone to see.

Jim

As Jim said, your first choice should be a forum truck already converted and with a "provenance".

Jack - good point about "provenance." I forgot that our trucks will outlast most of us and, they will have several RV owners in their "life time." I have seen more than one truck (and RV for that matter) owned by several people on this forum. And, the history is on the forum for all to see. Additionally, owners, with truck issues, seek advise from forum members. So, there is a history of problems and repairs.

Your trucks and RV's are perfect examples. The build photos and comments are readily available for everyone to see.

Jim

Hi Jim,

You are never going to find a "perfect" truck or RV - including mine. But on mine at least I will tell you EVERYTHING about them, and I keep them long enough to fix almost everything. But they still are not perfect, and could still "break". But way better than starting fresh with a dealer truck or RV with no knowledge of them. In particular, my trailers are pretty well done up and I try to make them "best in class" to the extent possible.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

I saw some good deals from Canada on Truckpaper.com when I was looking for my truck. A few looked REALLY good and had a cheap price and all I saw was footage of Ice Road Truckers replaying in my head. I know there are good trucks at good prices in Canada but I only wanted to make one trip and luckily found my current truck from a private seller, otherwise I would have probably been headed north. My Dodge pickup was a Canadian truck, it was bought at auction and the company took care of all the paperwork and odometer stuff.

truckntrailer1.jpg

2006 Peterbilt 387 -2013 Dutchmen Voltage 3950

Search "fun"....-or- - where are they when you need 'em?

Before the forum changed format (or whatever it's called) - and lots of "archives" were lost - "Marjon9" was

a searchers friend!

He found (and posted) a plethora of tractors for sale from never-ending sources.

Think he had time available for computer activities at whatever job he had.

His postings (with info, & pics when available) were so frequent and numerous, some forum members were

getting irritated and wanted him to stop (he didn't).

IIRC - Eventually he found a truck from PSD Tweaker, and for whatever reason sold it shortly thereater.

(someone on here may have it now).

Must have been some lifechanging event, as after that he never returned.

Archived