slideout seals

rebntx

The company waxing my 2012 Blackwood tells me the seals on the slides next to the walls (four slides) are rotting out.

Q. do the seals come in a roll or do I have to get them fitted to my model?

How much trouble is it to replace the seals?

Thanks..

Rebntx

This is a case where a picture would help a lot.

I've replaced the D seals on my slides in an hour or less. The large sweeper seals would take days and would require removing all the trim and maybe even removing the slide.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

D seals you just cut to length and buy through Amazon they are a lot cheaper there. If you squeeze them you will find they are sticky....Lousy rubber... I suggest buying yhe white it reflects the heat.

Jim Spence

2000 Dodge 3500 1 ton QC 4x4 dually 5.9 diesel LB

BD exhaust brake, 6 spd manual trans

34CKTS Cedar Creek 5er, Trail-Air hitch

Replacing slide seals is not all that difficult. The "D" seals are the easiest. There are two parts, the wiper, and the "D" seal. The seals come in a roll. You buy them by the foot, and cut them to length. I replaced about 3/4 of my slide seals in about 6-7 hours.

Besides Amazon, another source is AP Products.

Larry & Joan Whitworth
Daisy - The Japanese Chin
Alex - The Tibetan Spaniel
2010 Crossroads Kingston KF36CK
2008 F-250 6.4L
Edge Evolution Programmer
Full Time Since 2007

USMC 1963-1969

Vietnam 1965-1966

It was suggested above that you replace your seals with white ones. Our RV came with all white seals and they were a pain to keep clean as the dirt showed and they eventually had what looked like mold on them which would not come off. We replaced all of them after 7 years with all black seals. Greg

Greg & Judy Bahnmiller
Class of 2007
2014 F350
2007 HitchHiker Champagne

Both sold 2/19, settled in Foley, AL after 12 years on the road

http://bahnmilleradventure.blogspot.com/

It was suggested above that you replace your seals with white ones. Our RV came with all white seals and they were a pain to keep clean as the dirt showed and they eventually had what looked like mold on them which would not come off. We replaced all of them after 7 years with all black seals. Greg

Interesting about these seals I had to replace my black ones at 5 yrs and a friend had a new TT less than a year old and his black ones went to mush, It kinda sounds like we got some inferior rubber. I remember as a youngster that I had bicycle tubes that got all sticky and just literally fell apart !

Jim Spence

RV Dealer sent out a rep to take pics of the seals. He said they had rotten away. I'm supposed to hear from the dealer next week and bring the rig in to have new seals put on. Warrranty covers the cost.

Warranty also cover the resistor wires in the frig. Supposed to get new one next week.

Warranty also covering the toilet.

We're getting there...whew!

RV Dealer sent out a rep to take pics of the seals. He said they had rotten away. I'm supposed to hear from the dealer next week and bring the rig in to have new seals put on. Warrranty covers the cost.

Warranty also cover the resistor wires in the frig. Supposed to get new one next week.

Warranty also covering the toilet.

We're getting there...whew!

Did they have a reason for the seals going bad so soon ?

Jim Spence

Archived