Any tips to prevent roof vents from sticking after storage?

Hello all,

I've been having trouble with my roof vent lids sticking to the foam gasket material that they seal against. No matter how gently I try to get them loose they always end up getting cracked during the process. Plus, the new vent lids are junk, and they get brittle after being exposed to UV rays.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and come up with a remedy, solution, elixir, potion, lubricant, etc for it? Thanks!

I prefer to use a spray silicone. The grease products will work but they also collect dirt & grit. On the problem of the UV and those covers, there are replacements for most of them which are made from Lexan or you could install some weather deflectors.

31z-QrF-8lL._AA160_.jpg or 31tswJaxsEL._AA160_.jpg

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I have heard of baby powder being used on the seals with good results. 303 protectant has been given many kudos and I used it also with good success.

The Maxxfan covers work very well protecting the inner covers and also allow you to leave the vents open somewhat to allow venting and prevent gasket sticking. the plastic is much better than most and 5 years in the sun shows no degredation,

have fun.

Happy Trails,

Florida Mike

EXPERTS AREN'T!! :D

We used 303.

X2 for the 303 protectant.

2006 Coachmen Aurora 36ft. Class A motor home. 2009 Honda CRV toad. "Snowbirds" apprx. 6 mos. each year. Travelling to the SW each winter than returning to Wi. each summer. Retired and enjoying our travels along with Buddy the cat.

The dry spray silicone is our choice too, test it on something and if it leaves an invisibly fine dry powder it is what you want, if it leaves an oily residue it is not.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Archived