Jacksonville, Fl to I-26 via 301

RV fan

Hello,

Has anyone taken rt 301 from Jacksonville, FL all the way up to Orangeburg, SC to I-26 ? If so can you relate your experience? I am travelling in a 40' motorhome and would like to avoid I-95. I realize it will be a bit slower but I only putt along at 55- 60 on the interstate anyway.

Thanks,

I traveled the southern end, in Georgia (by accident) about a month ago. Pretty drive, not much traffic in that portion, but as stated many towns. If timing and cost to drive (stop and go uses more fuel) is not a consideration, you do get to see more of this beautiful area.

ed ed, Medico,

Thank you for the responses. I am familiar with 301 south of Jacksonville down to Tampa and it can be a brutal drive but looking at Google maps the Georgia and SC areas don't look nearly as crowded as south FL.

In the south east, nothing is nearly as crowded as south Florida. That is one reason why we chose central Florida for our home base. In southern Georgia there was not much of a travel problem. Several towns but not too bad. I did not travel the whole length as we were in a hurry at the time, so we got onto I95.

Archived