Generator Remote start

HamRad

We currently have a Honda 2000 and it works great. It runs almost everything we want or need. Of course we can't run the AC but with careful management we can run almost everything else. The problem is we are getting a bit older and slower in our old age and find it a little more difficult to get the unit into and out of the basement. We would like to have a unit that we wouldn't have to move in and out of the 5th wheel. In addition we'd like to have a remote start.

Anyone out there that runs a Honda 3000 (or any brand) and have it mounted in the 5er? We're just trying to get ideas of which direction to go. Since we already have one 2000 unit we could add one more but still would not have remote start. Any ideas appreciated. Thanks. Dennis

I'm kinda thinking if I was going to mount a generator that I would put it in the bed of the pickup which would give you power for air compressor, welder etc. any place you were and just put a good battery bank in the 5er to keep things running when you were gone from the trailer, which would hold the weight down in the trailer.

WOW 4:88 gears with a 7.3 you should be able to climb trees !

We had a local welder fabricate an 18" extension onto the rear bumper brackets using 2" angle iron. To this I mounted our 3,600 watt Boliy Inverter Gen set. It was very secure and gave us great service for 3 years. Look very hard at Boliy, we know of several that give great service at about $1,200.

Archived