Firefox 39 Out With Patches for Four Critical Vulnerabilities

RV_

Firefox 39 just released. Since the updates are now known they can be exploited in anyone that has not updated. That could be a day, an hour or a week.

Excerpt:

"Mozilla has rolled out a new version of its Firefox browser, an update that includes patches for four critical security vulnerabilities and several less-severe bugs.

IN all, Firefox 39 patches 13 vulnerabilities, including two high-risk bugs and six moderate-level ones. The most dangerous vulnerabilities, however, include a pair of use-after-free bugs in one part of the browser and another in a separate component, as well as a number of memory corruption flaws.

“Security researcher Looben Yan used the Address Sanitizer tool to discover two related use-after-free vulnerabilities that occur when using XMLHttpRequest in concert with either shared or dedicated workers. These errors occur when the XMLHttpRequest object is attached to a worker but that object is incorrectly deleted while still in use. This results in exploitable crashes,” the Mozilla advisory says.

The other use-after-free flaw is in the Content Policy component of Firefox."

See the rest of the details in the full article at: https://threatpost.com/firefox-39-out-with-patches-for-four-critical-vulnerabilities/113686#sthash.hDMXtjzT.dpuf

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Biker ,today's is the important one.

As well there were no Windows 8.1 updates for flash until this noon. You may be one update behind or thought it was a couple of days ago when you got an auto update. If you got a pop up you might want to run some scans as one threat report I got indicated that a malware company was genuinely updating Flash to keep out their competitors who were using old vulnerabilities and loading their malware quietly as Flash did really update.

That's why I only update from my Flash entry in control panel using the small icons view not the categories view.

There were from 4-6 updates for all my computers and tablets both Windows 7 and Windows 8 so do Windows updates and after every reboot recheck. I had more twice with three of mine both 7 and 8.1.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

I did the Flash update 18.0.0.203 this afternoon. I don't have anything set for auto updates on my PC. I always manual check if any available.

When using my DataStorm for updates it has limited 425mb downloads during the day. So when they are big over 200 + updates I wait until my free data hours from 2-7AM

I also had a couple 8.1 updates this afternoon.

I always check Flash for updates through the Control Panel.

Firefox through FF Help...About FireFox

The Firefox 39.0 was done on both my desktop & laptop I'm sure was 2 days ago as that was the last time I had the laptop on.

To day after doing the Flash on it it had some 8.1 updates also.

Kim K. also lets me know about any new updates coming. :) She gave me the heads up on the Flash.

FileHippo app I use to check for any software updates.

I also recheck after new downloads.

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

Archived