drive to Livingston, TX for registration of vehicle

Coming from California

We were going to register our vehicles and get our driver license in El Paso, TX. We didn't want to drive in the summer heat across Texas to Livingston but... I read a Texas vehicle registration post here and

My husband called Livingston, TX to see if we needed to drive into Livingston, TX to register our vehicles.

Yes, we do need to drive across Texas to register our vehicles. ( about $500 dollars in gas from El Paso, TX to Livingston, TX for us)

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping we get our driver license & registration with no problems.

On the upside

I'm excited about staying at Rainbow Escapee Campground then driving somewhere cool. :)

2014 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 31SA

2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk

RV Blog: http://seizethedayrvadventure.com/

We're not registered in TX so didn't have to face that but I have read in many forum posts here where they did what you are doing and had no problems. Good luck and I hope you have a quick experience with your TX registerations. We only stayed at the park one time but enjoyed our stay. Hugs, Di

SKP #48048
2015 single Cab Ram 3500 Dually. Aisan Transmission, 410 gear. Pace Edwards automatic roll top cover. AMP running boards & tailgate step.
1996/2010 Triple Slide Carriage, Mor/Ryde Suspension, Kodiak Disc Brakes, Big Foot Leveling System & Plug It Right Stabilizers.
www.plugitright.com Plug It Right Stabilizer, TST, Quadra Big Foot Lever Tailgate Easy Lift Distrubitors
http://www.plugitright.com/5thwheelREDO.html e-mail: plugitright@gmail.com

Coming from California

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping we get our driver license & registration with no problems.

The process of getting driver's licenses, registering to vote, and registering vehicles is quick and painless in Livingston. The only fly in the ointment will be if you need a non-CDL Class B driver's license (if the GVWR of your motorhome is 26,001# or more and the weight of your toad is less than 10,000#). Depending on how busy the DMV is, you may have to wait a day or two to take the driving test.

If you haven't already done so, be sure to download and read the booklet "How to Become a Real Texan:"

https://www.escapees.com/images/pdfs/texan.pdf

In particular, pay attention to the latter part of the booklet, "Vehicle Registration and Driver License Information for Polk County, Texas." It explains what paperwork you'll need, includes various telephone numbers that you may need if you have any questions about registration or driver's licenses, and outlines the process of getting everything done.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

• 2 weeks later...

We decided to finish our Texas residency in el paso, TX. It saved us money.

I'm happy to say we finished the Texas residency paperwork. We're Texas residence.

Thank you for all your help

2014 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 31SA

2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk

RV Blog: http://seizethedayrvadventure.com/

We decided to finish our Texas residency in el paso, TX. It saved us money.

Welcome new Texans! At some convenient time you should visit Rainbow's End and Livingston if for no other purpose than to learn more about the group, the services, and the wonderful way that local folks treat new citizens of the community. At some point you might also want to consider moving more of your business activities to Livingston, particularly if you have no plan to ever return to CA to live. There are many other factors involved in the domicile issue if you should be challenged by the CA tax authorities or anyone over your actual domicile so be aware of this possible issue. I would strongly suggest that you file a partial year tax return with CA to complete your formal break with them, as many members have found this to be an effective way of announcing and formalizing the move from CA.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived