Renovation centers for an Avion

sdnet01

Guys,

I am considering my options for RVs in the near future, and I am looking to see if there are any high respected RV renovation centers around the nation that would be worth taking the trailer to...once that time comes.

My wife and I are considering a purchase of a 31' to 34' Avion trailer, and we are very willing to purchase an older model that might need some work done on the inside. Because we will be living in this trailer full time, we'd like to have the work done RIGHT, which is why we probably won't tackle this ourselves (we have never renovated like this before).

We live in southern Arizona.

Are there renovation centers around the country that are generally more respected than others? There are a couple options in Tucson, but I don't know if they work on Avions yet.

Is it common for renovation centers to focus in on certain kinds of RVs, or will most of them generally be able to work on anything?

Thanks.

- Steve

If you pay a professional shop to do the renovations it will probably cost enough to eat up much of the savings from buying an older RV. If I were you, I would consider doing as much of the work as possible yourself since labor costs are usually half or more of that cost.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

If you pay a professional shop to do the renovations it will probably cost enough to eat up much of the savings from buying an older RV. If I were you, I would consider doing as much of the work as possible yourself since labor costs are usually half or more of that cost.

Truthfully, we may not need this person or shop to do the entire renovation. Simple things like flooring, a backsplash in the kitchen and many other things we can probably do. But anything that involves a more in-depth knowledge of this stuff, like structural repairs, will probably need a shop to perform.

Personally, I would never plan on a full time RV that didn't have slides. I know there are many people who are just fine with those space restrictions but full time RV living already requires many compromises and for me, A trailer without slides would be a bridge too far.

Rich

Slides are nice for the room, but with any slide you will eventaully have mechanical issues and leaks, no matter who made the RV.

Full time living in an Avion is doable, but where will you winter?

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

Slides are nice for the room, but with any slide you will eventaully have mechanical issues and leaks, no matter who made the RV.

Full time living in an Avion is doable, but where will you winter?

Ken

We might winter where we currently live, southern Arizona. And I agree with the mechanical issues that come with slides (my folks, who also full-timed for 13 years, told me the same). This will be our first primary experience doing this, and there's no way we're going to be buying a larger RV with slide outs yet. We want simple with as little maintenance as possible while maximizing livable space. In the future, we can always change our rig out if necessary.

Archived