Batteries not included?

curlydoc

I just bought a new 5th wheel from Camping World in Cedar Falls, Iowa. After all the paperwork and payment was concluded, the sales manger called to tell me BTW the batteries are extra. This is the 6th RV I have purchased and the second one from Camping World. I have never been asked to pay extra for batteries on any previous rig. I am not asking for a special kind of battery, just deep cycle 12 volt. Is this a new policy in the industry? Is Camping World changing policy? Opinions?

So this is the latest rip off scam from Camping World. Of course they are included! The come from the factory with batteries installed. As Bill says, the break away brakes won't work without batteries.

I think I would be rather forceful in telling the Sales Mgr. that new batteries will be included with a new trailer, or I will void the purchase. If he refuses you need to start up the chain and find someone who will do the right thing.

2000 Volvo 770, 500HP/1650FP Cummins N14 and 10 Speed Autoshift 3.58 Rear 202" WB, 2002 Teton Aspen Royal 43 Foot, Burgman 650 Scooter

I think that someone is trying to pull something and I doubt that it is Camping World but probably the local manager. If it were me, I'd try to contact the national headquarters to ask them. I would also contact the RV manufacturer to let them know what they are trying to pull. That is no different than to sell someone a new car, then try to make them pay extra for the battery to start it. Tell them to either supply the batteries as a part of the sale or refund all of your money.

Call 1-888-857-6631 and ask them if a new RV comes with a battery installed.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

That is no different than to sell someone a new car, then try to make them pay extra for the battery to start it.

Exzakatally! And I would agree that it appears to be more of a local manager scam vs Camping World policy. If you plan on useing that particular CW in future for repairs and servicing, I would think twice. If they are willing to try and ding you over a battery, I would never feel confident in any of their services.

Definitely call the Manufacturer then CW Corporate headquarters. Do you have possesion of the unit with the battery? Are they charging your Credit card? Call and put a stop on it with the CC holder.

:) Living Life One Day At A Time!

A second or additional batteries might be additional $$$ but the first one has to be included. Period.

ps.....ask them what else are they going to try and bring after the sale is completed, spare tire? Greg

Greg & Judy Bahnmiller
Class of 2007
2014 F350
2007 HitchHiker Champagne

Both sold 2/19, settled in Foley, AL after 12 years on the road

http://bahnmilleradventure.blogspot.com/

Archived