Amazon on the road

Placed an order with Amazon for some parts. Checked with campground before ordering, and they said they would accept, but not sign for delivery. Couldn't figure out how to waive signature. Gambled that it would arrive No Sig Required. Alas, package was returned to Amazon because sgnature was required. How do I waive signature? BTW, I reordered the part and had it sent to another CG who would sign.

Jim  Corey

2006 Monaco Monarch 30 pdd

'12 Honda CRV toad

We've had dozens of Amazon packages (and others) delivered to CG's and have never had a CG say they wouldn't sign for them. Is there a UPS Store nearby? You can have it shipped there. Or look on Amazon to see if you are anywhere near where they have lockers available.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

We have had things shipped from Amazon to RV parks, state parks, national wildlife refuges and any number of other places over the years. I can't recall anything having required a signature for delivery. I think that the suggestion to call them is probably the best answer.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I use Amazon LOTS at home. Packages always left on porch. This RV park is very upscale, and might just be trying to be prissy. I've been told in the past that it's a driver's discretion, but golly, if I call ahead and say something is coming, you'd think they would try to help. The park that I had the resend go to said they'd sign if needed, and noted on the reservation that a package was coming. Tomorrow will tell.

Jim  Corey

'12 Honda CRV toad

We used Amazon Prime and put our RV park site number on the package. It was always delivered right to us. Now we are in a secure building apartment and everything gets delivered to the office. We have to go fetch it from there but at least they sign if needed.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Sign up for a "MyUPS" account at UPS.com and you'll get emailed notices when a package is arriving. You'll also will have an option of submitting an online signature waiver for most deliveries, along with supplying additional delivery instructions if needed.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

With Amazon sometimes even items sent via UPS or FedEx, they may have delivery now end with USPS doing it.

So you never know how it is coming unless it is a big heavy package.

I have been in campgrounds that even the USPS would deliver at my site. That was in MO. 2 years ago.

I am now at one(IL) that no USPS delivery can be done. So when needing something from Amazon here(twice this summer so far).

I have it delivered to my sons 108 miles away and then go get it. Since I don't know how Amazon will send the items.

Last year I did have a new 6 gal water heater sent here. Because I knew it was heavy and USPS wouldn't get it.

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

Dutch

I have My UPS, but the package came FedEx. And Amazon doesn't let you pick, AFAIK

Oops! Yep, My UPS won't work for FEDEX... :D

On edit: You might find some useable FEDEX options at this site:

http://www.fedex.com/us/customersupport/index.html

Select "Tracking" and click on the "I won't be able to sign for my package, what can I do?" link.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

I have it delivered to my sons 108 miles away and then go get it. Since I don't know how Amazon will send the items.

Unless you wanted to drive to visit your son anyway, it seems as if it would be more cost effective to have him ship the package to you via UPS. Small ground shipments will travel for a lot less than the cost of gas for a >200 mile trip. JMO

Sandie & Joel

WiFiRanger Ambassador

We volunteer at a Missouri State Park each year and AMAZON INSIST that the address for the park (which has been in use for dozens of years) is not a correct address. This has happened not once but half a dozen times. And we all know how easy it is to reach a live person at AMAZON.

Other than this, no problem. but it drives me crazy!!

Traveling America in "God's Grace"

And we all know how easy it is to reach a live person at AMAZON.

Actually, I have spoken with customer service staff at Amazon multiple times. It's not difficult at all. All you have to do is go to the "Contact Us" screen https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/contact-us? and then select Phone as the method of contact. Enter your phone number and Amazon will call you while connecting your call. It's really not all that difficult and I've always gotten good responses from the reps I've spoken with.

Sandie & Joel

WiFiRanger Ambassador

I had the reorder sent to another campground. It was waiting when I arrived. The original CG is about as upacale as you can find. But they just won't accept packges that need a signature.

Jim  Corey

'12 Honda CRV toad

Archived