Hydraulic Levelers Low Voltage

SWharton

Two schools of thought. First, there is probably a label near the panel that says the engine has to be running before using the levelers (or at least mine does). Second, whether the engine is running or not, sometimes the panel is misleading with the "low voltage". Give it about 30 seconds to a minute before trying the retract or level, the warning will probably disappear like ours does.

The fact you were able to retract manually really points to a misleading indicator, try giving it a minute or two after turning on.

Berkshire XL 40QL

Camphosting and touring

Check the ends on your cables. My new 5th wheel had 2 ends come off. New ends from a welding shop and crimped from harbor freight took care of the problem

Ron C.

2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3850 D3

2000 Kenworth T2000 Optimus Prime

Which brand of jacks does Winnebago use nowadays? The tech line might be able to help you. I would also connect a meter to the power leads to the control panel and monitor the voltage as you extend and retract the jacks to know what it is actually seeing there. It is possible that the problem is electrical and is actually supplying low voltage or falling off as the jacks operate. I'd also want to know how low the voltage has to fall before the alarm shows and also at what voltage the jacks are able to operate.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

We just spoke to Lippert and are looking for the circuit breaker. Tech at the dealer said to look by the chassis battery, Lippert thinks it is by the house batteries but did find out it had to be 18-24" from the battery per code, assuming code was followed. Lippert believes it is the circuit breaker, Winnebago(perr tech) says it isn't. I tend to believe Lippert over Winnie.

OK. Problem has been diagnosed. After talking to Winnebago several times and one tech who went the extra mile we have found out where the fuse is. Not where the build sheet says it should be, not within 18-24"per Lippert per code but found in the compartment with the outside circuit breaker board. It is a 125 amp fuse,put jumpers around the fuse and all is working. Needs to be replaced.

Called the dealer for a warranty replacement. This is another new experience. We have an appt, asked how long it would be(it is only a fuse replacement) and they were surprised we wanted to wait for it. To them an appt. means when we will drop it off, not appt.in bring it in and this is your time slot to start. After some talking, they agreed to do it while we waited. The last warranty item we had was several years ago in our 5th, made the appt,, showed up,they went to work on it right away and out the door 2 hours later. Am I missing something in the word appt??? We are 70 miles from the dealer, so a drop off for a small item ends up being almost 300 miles with 2 trips and 2 wasted days.

Good to hear that you found the problem, and thanks for coming back to let everyone know what it was.

After some talking, they agreed to do it while we waited. The last warranty item we had was several years ago in our 5th, made the appt,, showed up,they went to work on it right away and out the door 2 hours later. Am I missing something in the word appt???

Dealers do prefer the drop-off type of service as it is less problem to schedule but those who work with people who are traveling in the RV very much are more likely to understand wanting to wait for the job to be completed. As one who used to make a living in the service/repair industry, I can tell you that it is very difficult to predict accurately just when you will be available to start work because in repair work jobs do not always take the same amount of time and sometimes it takes longer just to determine what the problem is before you even begin repairs. Our dispatchers used to make appointments for us at times, based upon our average number of service calls per day. Any method of this is really at best a guess. I have always preferred to make service appointments for first thing in the morning as that is the most likely to be accurate on the start time.

What most shops do for an appointment such as yours where the repair is a known job and quite predictable in terms of time requirement is to plan to have one of the techs who is working on an RV that was left for several days, leave that job and do yours, then return to complete his drop-off RV work. It is really about the only way to make wait-for repair appointments with much accuracy.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

If our wait becomes too complicated and time consuming we will just get the part and do it ourselves, It is only a $4 part and reachable.

Our bigger problem is our one leg doesn't come down, we know the cause, after doing all the legs manually the one legs valve was hard to reach and it is not closed all the way. With all the tubing around the pump it is hard to reach and I just didn't have the right equipment(if there is right equipment). If anyone knows how to get to the valve in an easier way please let us know. The valve is on the backside of the pump and I have to crawl underneath to reach it. We will see how it all goes. Hopefully this is the last time we need to take this long trip.

On top of everything else we just noticed a nail in one tire, goes up to our mechanic today for the tire and hopefully for the finally hooking up of the toad so we can tow it.

Almost done with our to do list to make the MH from a house to a home. Yippee!!!

We had this problem with our jacks while coming home from our maiden trip. Got the low voltage reading, called

Thor tech support. Ours was two problems

(1) circuit breaker for the jacks had popped, the reset breaker was on the right side wall above the batteries and also

the oil reservoir for the jacks was low and found out it has a leak or the seals are leaking.

Goes into Camping World for Warranty work later this month. (had to wait 5 weeks for appointment).

Phil & Alberta Saran

2019 Keystone Cougar 30RLS

2012 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 diesel

Colorado

Went to the dealer and, while we waited, they installed a new fuse(we also bought an extra), topped off the hydraulic fluid(a little low) and tightened all the valves from our having to retract them manually. They also fixed our step over the battery, we were unable to remove it to check the battery. All this was done in about an hour. Happy we insisted on waiting for it.

2 more big things to do and we are done modifying the coach. Next stop is loading the coach and taking it for an alignment. We will get it weighed when we get to Sumter Oaks, Solar installed when in Phoenix. New coaches are so much work. The problem being that we have modified our previous rig and that is what we want as our starting point for the coach.

We had this problem with our jacks while coming home from our maiden trip. Got the low voltage reading, called

Thor tech support. Ours was two problems

(1) circuit breaker for the jacks had popped, the reset breaker was on the right side wall above the batteries and also

the oil reservoir for the jacks was low and found out it has a leak or the seals are leaking.

Goes into Camping World for Warranty work later this month. (had to wait 5 weeks for appointment).

Referencing post #10, Camping World operates this way. You made an appt. to drop it off, not to begin work. According to a friend who works for CW, you must give them a completion date for when you must have your RV back, or they will keep pushing yours back in favor of more insistent customers.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Referencing post #10, Camping World operates this way. You made an appt. to drop it off, not to begin work. According to a friend who works for CW, you must give them a completion date for when you must have your RV back, or they will keep pushing yours back in favor of more insistent customers.

I haven't found that true at at least at ones I have had appointments at over many years in IL, IN(2), KY(2) and FL.(2).

I had new installs done at all of them on the same day the appointment was. Told all ahead of time that I was Full Time and would be waiting for job to be done.

Sometimes I would arrive the night before and stay on their lot. One had free electric hook ups.

Now appointments for troubleshooting and needing parts unknown at appointment time could be a different story.

Your experience could be different and nothing is wrong with that. :)

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

Archived