Fluid for hydraulic jacks?

rebntx

Not sure which system you have but Quadra's Big Foot leveling systems use this, from their website:

"Our Pumps require ATF (Dexron III) do NOT use hydraulic fluid in our systems."

Greg

Greg & Judy Bahnmiller
Class of 2007
2014 F350
2007 HitchHiker Champagne

Both sold 2/19, settled in Foley, AL after 12 years on the road

http://bahnmilleradventure.blogspot.com/

Quote from the HWH FAQ page:

"The use of HWH Specialty Hydraulic Oil is recommended but Dexron or multipurpose transmission fluids can be used if necessary. DO NOT use hydraulic jack oil, brake fluid, or power steering fluid."

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

My manual does not tell me what kind of fluid to put in the reservoir and nobody I talk to seems to know...do you?

Wondering what make your jacks are, and do you mean the manual for the motorhome or the one for the jacks that is published by the jack manufacturer? If you need a copy of the one from the manufacturer, many of the companies have those available online.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

The Lippert products all call for ATF, but specifically say to not use Type F, as it will cause seal failure. One thing to understand is, ATF is hydraulic fluid, it just has a dye in it and special additives to help it work in transmissions.

The storage tank sometimes has that info cast or labeled on it. As others said, find the manufacturer and look up on the net. Failing ALL that post a picture of the leg or pump unit here and someone will recognize it I'm sure.

Happy Trails,

Florida Mike

EXPERTS AREN'T!! :D

Archived