Slide D-seals

The D-seals on our rigs slides have deteriorated badly. I ordered these (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007EXP006?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00) to replace them. Only the upper horizontal seals are bad with the vertical one showing much lesser signs of going bad. Worth mentioning is the bad ones were very bad. Looking more or less like they melted in place. Only heat or chemical reaction comes to mind as what would cause them to melt and adhere to the outer slide flange.

At any rate I used acetone to clean up the slide flanges pretty well but would like to clean and lubricate all the rest of the seals while I am at it. Any recommendation for product(s) to do this?

Later,

J

2012 Landmark, San Antonio

2013 Silverado CC, 3500HD, Duramax, DRW, 4x4

Backup, side and hitch cameras, Tireminder TPMS

For cleaning I don't know but would try different cleaners on small sections. For protection I like to use Aerospace 303 protectant.

2006 Coachmen Aurora 36ft. Class A motor home. 2009 Honda CRV toad. "Snowbirds" apprx. 6 mos. each year. Travelling to the SW each winter than returning to Wi. each summer. Retired and enjoying our travels along with Buddy the cat.

For cleaning I don't know but would try different cleaners on small sections. For protection I like to use Aerospace 303 protectant.

I agree Aerospace 303 is what I am going to use on our rig.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

• 2 weeks later...

I just replaced several of our slide seals.

I used Simple Green to clean the remaining seals. It does a great job.

Now using Aerospace 303 to protect them.

Larry & Joan Whitworth
Daisy - The Japanese Chin
Alex - The Tibetan Spaniel
2010 Crossroads Kingston KF36CK
2008 F-250 6.4L
Edge Evolution Programmer
Full Time Since 2007

USMC 1963-1969

Vietnam 1965-1966

www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/caulks-sealants/38-9004.htm

The product I was given by an RV repair firm is called Slide out Rubber seal treatment. Made by Protectall. Red can, white cap. It is a foaming product like some tire cleaners. It cleans and lubricates, UV inhibitor and reduces friction, which over a long horizontal and a couple of verticals can add up to quite a bit. You have to double that because you have to do both inside and outside.

Some areas are tuft to get at but generally a telescoping handle can reach them.

You would be amazed at the amount of crud that comes off. No one can convince me leaving that on is a good thing.

Archived