Guest Ranch Southern Colorado - 12 hours per week plus perks

eecoman

SUMMER WORK IN SOUTHERN COLORADO

Hey all you campers that are looking for a great place to spend the rest of the summer. Cottonwood Cove Guest Ranch in southern Colorado has an opening for a cabin housekeeping couple. My wife and I have been volunteering at state and national parks and refuges for the past several years but had always thought it would be fun to try a private operation. Two days a week for 6 hours per day gets you a full hookup site a little ways away from the paying RV Park. If you want to work more hours it can go toward meals at the restaurant. We have been here a month and are enjoying the area while helping the fantastic young couple who manage the “Cove”.

Two days on and 5 days off per week gives you plenty of time to explore the GREAT country around the area. The Cove is located halfway between South Fork and Creede Colorado right on the Rio Grande River, amid some of southern Colorado’s finest scenery, surrounded by the Rio Grande National Forest. The Cove offers an RV park, guest cabins, horseback rides, raft and jeep rentals, and restaurant and gift shop. There are a lot of perks that come with the easy schedule including reduced rates on almost everything they offer and free rafting and horseback riding (subject to availability).

Check out the website at http://cottonwoodcove.com Read what the place is like then hit the button for Workamper opportunities to get a feel for the work involved and the perks.The managers, Mike and Kayla Reagan, are a genuinely nice couple trying to run a family friendly resort. Call them (719-658-2242) and talk to them about coming to help for a month or the rest of the summer. (Tell them you saw the ad in Escapees Forum by Tim and Renee.) The Cove’s family atmosphere has really grown on us. We think you would enjoy your summer in southern Colorado!

Tim and Renee &
Snappy the Jack Russell

Full timers since Feb 2012
'07 Chevy 2500HD 6.6 l
Duramax/Allison, crew cab, 4x4
34 ft Montana Mountaineer

Hello Tim are you and Renee working 12 hours a week? Or is it 12 hours between the 2 of you? This place looks awesome but I don't know if 24 hours a week till Mid June and 36 hours a week from Mid June through July is a good deal for a free site. Their monthly site rate is $450. Thanks for the info and I booked marked the place.

James

2024 GMC 3500HD DRW Denali Diesel

2019 Keystone Avalanche 396BH

USN Retired

Hi James - We work as a couple 2 days a week. Usually 4-5 hours a day. So I guess you could call that 8-10 hours per week or 16-20 hours per week. We call it 8-10. We do this because this is a spectacular part of the country and we get a full hookup for free with 5 days off to explore and have fun. We have always volunteered for the places we work so we don't really hang our hat on the math. I think the web site is wrong about the 36 hours from mid June through July because the managers have always told us we will only be scheduled for 2 days per week and that is what they do. We spend a month and pay nothing for a great place to stay.

Hopes this helps you and others understand the situation.

Tim and Renee &
Snappy the Jack Russell

Full timers since Feb 2012
'07 Chevy 2500HD 6.6 l
Duramax/Allison, crew cab, 4x4
34 ft Montana Mountaineer

Archived