Travel to Philadelphia

Ronbo

If you take US-17 North to US-301 North, that will take you to I-95 just South of Philadelphia in Delaware. There will be stop lights and cross street traffic, especially around Waldorf. However, you will avoid both Washington and Baltimore and all the propane restricted tunnels as well as the Maryland and Delaware tolls on I-95. US-301/50 through Annapolis is a good road, but can get busy at rush hour. There is a toll bridge, that collects the toll in the Eastbound direction.

If you take US-17 North to US-301 North, that will take you to I-95 just South of Philadelphia in Delaware. There will be stop lights and cross street traffic, especially around Waldorf. However, you will avoid both Washington and Baltimore and all the propane restricted tunnels as well as the Maryland and Delaware tolls on I-95. US-301/50 through Annapolis is a good road, but can get busy at rush hour. There is a toll bridge, that collects the toll in the Eastbound direction.

This is the route we always use and found it to be the best, and as stated the only toll will be at the Bay Bridge near Annapolis. Watch your speed as the locals tend to watch this route especially in the country.

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

We made it. 301 is a very nice road most of the way. Thanks for your advice

Glad 301 worked for you it is our choice most of the time, there are ways around some of the heavy traffic light area but I was not sure of the exact turns. How did you like the roads getting into the campground?

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

Those roads into the campground are wicked. They should be illegal. They instruct trucks to yield to cars but there is no way to see around the turn to see if a car is running. I guess the Dow is supposed to get out and run around the corner.

Ron C.

2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3850 D3

2000 Kenworth T2000 Optimus Prime

I only did that road once and that was with the pick up, do not plan on ever going in there with the HDT. Safe travels. FROG Rally this year?

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

No frog rally this year. They had so many applications they filled the fairgrounds and cut it off. We were a little too late.

Ron C.

Yes it is very popular, they were hoping to add more but guess it never happened. Did you get any of that storm that passed thru Honeybrook?

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

No storm here. We are moving on Tuesday about 20 to 30 miles. Closer to where the storms are. We will work our way to Hershey by September 1

Ron C.

When you get a chance seeing our in the Lancaster area on Tuesday try to get to Root's Farmers Market near Manheim, just ask any local where it is they will help. Usually the best produce & prices around. We camped that area a lot so feel free to ask any questions. What campgrounds are you planning to go to? We have great spots to eat & see and also a good repair shop not real far that services cars to class 8 trucks.

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

Ok both nice places Circle M gets a little crazy on the weekends, Root;s is less then 30 minutes from Circle M just find route 72 and follow it towards Manheim and it is just off that road and remember only open on Tuesday. The truck shop is in Quarryville also not a bad ride from Circle M but that is only if needed. Have a good stay at both and I am sure folks have told you to go to Shady Maple to when at Spring Gulch

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

The Shady Maple is very popular and can be crowded on Saturday. They are even open for breakfast. Check on the internet for coupons.

Not knowing how familiar you are with the area or what your interest might be, I'll throw out a few suggestions. On the historic side, there is the Ephrata Cloister and Hopewell Furnace Historic Site. On the North side of Ephrata is the Green Dragon Flea Market. There is the Strasburg Rail Road. If you like Drag Racing, there is Maple Grove Raceway. If you want to try some of the local wine and brews there is the Lancaster Wine Gallery/Rumspringa Brewery located on the Old Philadelphia Pike(PA-340) between the towns of Intercourse and Bird-in-Hand.

Thanks for the info. We are going to be around until the middle of September. What is the best place to get the top end done on Cummins n14.want it all adjusted.

Ron C.

You could check with Lewis Auto & Truck repair in Quarryville Pa. 717-786-1211, I have used them for my 6.0 Ford with very good results and just stopped there this past Monday with the Kenworth due to a check engine light, they scanned it and found a bad sensor now waiting for it to arrive. They are very busy but give it a shot.

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

• 2 weeks later...

Ronb, just a update for you I had work done on my Kenworth at Lewis they were very good and did all I wanted in before we left on our trip and also looked over the truck and made suggestions on things to address when we get back or over the winter. About the only thing I felt was bad was the communication with them as you need to stay on top of them as Gregg is so busy at times you might get forgotten. Good luck and keep us informed.

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

Archived