RVing in Northern Baja Mexico-Suggestions & Warnings?

seafare1

Greetings,

My husband and I are preparing for an RV road trip to Northern Baja Mexico, around the Ensenada area. A first for us in our Class A motor home. Suggestions of interesting activities and places to stay would be welcome as well as any warnings. Thanks much, Lola :)

The Guadalupe Valley wine district is a lot of fun but go in the toad not the rig as the roads are quite narrow. Watch out for speed bumps anywhere in Mexico, they are everywhere and not marked. We looked at a couple of RV parks north of Ensenada in Las Salinas when we were vacationing in Rosarito in April. One was reasonable one was pretty bad. Can't remember what the names where, I'll try and look them up later.

We have no problem driving in the Baja, more and more US visitors are going back there.

BnB

2009 Monaco Cayman DP 38'

bnbrv.blogspot.com/

Thanks for the feedback. We are looking into the Clam Shell RV Park which is a few miles north of Ensenada, Baja Mexico. Has anyone heard anything about this location? We are excited about this adventure and have a few questions as we are new to

international RV travel. We will be traveling in a 35 foot class A with a tow.

1. Which border crossing provides better driving / route logistics into Tijuana, because we are huge? San Ysidro or Otay Mesa?

2. Where else besides the immigration office in Tijuana can we purchase a Tourist card aka Travel Visa aka an FMM card. Is there a location on the California side?

3. Is there appropriate parking for a rig our size at the immigration office in Tijuana?

4. We are bringing our dog. Is a "Health Certificate" which is required, merely a proof of shots, specifically rabies or is it

some formal form?

Thanks for your time and advice born of experience. P.S. Happy Father's Day to all you Dads out there. :-)

Archived