Seals missing and leaking around the slides

I need some ideas from people that have replaced the wipers and seals on slide outs. The seals leak and gets the floors wet. I checked the seals that is supposed to stop water with the slides out. These fit on the wall inside with the slide wipers and is not stopping the water. The reason----no seals so there is not a way to stop the water. I will be getting into this in a few days. Has anyone found a way to keep dry other than keep trailer under a top cover?

I have the same problem. Trouble is matching the slide weatherstrips. Different models, different years, different weatherstrips.

And then, there is the extreme expense that the stealers charge for the rubber pieces....

And then, there is a difficulty in replacing the seals themselves.

Have had leaking onto floor for a couple years now, and still haven't gotten around to finding the seals, getting them, and then replacing them.

So, good luck with the perseverence.

With the slide in, look underneath. You will find that there is a gap on the bottom of the slide. Water splashes up and enters the rv. You need a seal attached to the bottom of the slide so that it contacts the wiper seal under the slide.

Ron C.

2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3850 D3

2000 Kenworth T2000 Optimus Prime

My 5th wheel is a Presidential Holiday Rambler 38 ft 4 slides with aluminum frame and skin, Rv2000 roof. I am looking for anyone who has changed the seals on their trailer. The covers over the slide outs makes it harder to redo. I have a section from under one of the slides and looked at a couple of places to match the rubber shape.

I will be ordering materials in a few days and start on a new adventure.

I will be monitoring this thread as my slide seals are 14 years old and due for changing. PLease take pictures if you would.

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

Believe it or not when I had to replace all of the seals on my bedroom slide I found them on Amazon.com. After searching a bit more I found them a bit cheaper at Makarios RV online. The toughest part is trying to identify the type of seal, the wiper size and then don't forget most slides have a second additional seal around the outer ring around the slide itself.

In my case I had the wiper part that attached to the side of the camper. This is where you will find all sorts of different size wipers all the way from 1" up to 3" or 4". Once that was installed there was a "D" shaped bulb type seal the slid into a plastic track on the wiper section and then there was a "P" type seal that attached with self stick tape to the outer part of the slide. Just remember that different manufacturers use different styles of seals.

While it sounds confusing in reality it was actually pretty easy once you find what you need.

http://www.makariosrv.com/ek-seal-base-with-2-wiper-black-018-341/

http://www.makariosrv.com/d-seal-for-ekd-base-black-018-312-ekd/

Steve

2007 Pilgrim M378 SA4S-5

e9132d54-0b3a-4ebb-ae60-dd6b6d56e047_zps

Archived