Salvage yard Knoxville

Ronbo

Ron,

Ken (Roadfitter) and RandyA have been there a lot . Might contact them via pm. I live in the Knoxville area so if you need something specific might be able to check for you and pick it up. Just got back from Texas and traveling again soon so might be couple of weeks before I could get over there.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Ron,

On 8009 Rutledge Pike (11E) heading north from I-40. Left hand side. Believe the name is John Storey Truck salvage.

(865) 525-9899

Located 4.62 miles North of Peterbilt of Knoxville, we are located right off of Highway 11E (Rutledge Pike). You can find us in the blue warehouse with our large white sign, the semis line the gates just waiting to be picked apart! Can't miss us!

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Looks like they are open 8:00 - 1:00 on Saturday

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Ron,

I live in the Knoxville area so if you need something specific might be able to check for you and pick it up. Just got back from Texas and traveling again soon so might be couple of weeks before I could get over there.

Do you have a T2000? I need the large drawer inside with the rails. Mine is broken. I need the deflector that is mounted on the rear drivers side of the cab with the brackets. I need the cb antennae mount that fastens on the back of the cab. The front lower air dam under the hood. Fog light brackets. I also want to rob some switches from the cab.

Ron C.

2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3850 D3

2000 Kenworth T2000 Optimus Prime

I also want to rob some switches from the cab.

Ronbo, if they're not able to get you what you need from the boneyard, for the seven plus years that I've owned mine, there's pretty much always been one or more sets of T2000 switches available on eBay.

The refrigerator in mine is an honest to goodness truck refrigerator, but it apparently wasn't in the truck from the beginning because I had no refrigerator switch on the dash. A friend hooked me up with a Metri-Pack pigtail that plugged right into the factory fridge wiring behind the cabinet, I bought a bank of eBay switches that contained an actual "refrigerator switch" (any T2000 switch will likely work, but the fridge switch has a green "ON" indicator LED on top, and if you buy a bank with a "real" fridge switch, you'll have the correct translucent decal -- a snowflake in a box -- to put on your light pipe above the switch), installed and flipped the switch, and it's worked ever since.

Phil

2002 Teton Royal Aspen

2003 Kenworth T2000 - Cat C12 380/430 1450/1650, FreedomLine, 3.36 - TOTO . . . he's not in Kansas anymore.

ET Air Hitch

Sorry Ron, I've got a Volvo.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Sorry once more. Leaving with grandkids for short trip this weekend. Hope we can meet up at some point. Should be couple of forum members at the Heiskell park. BTW most of the semi truck places are located on or near Rutledge Pike. Also Truck Pro, Fleet Guard, and Ryder parts stores so if you need anything else.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

I've been there several times and come away loaded with stuff for my Volvo on every trip. Guys there are nice and will even loan you tools if you do your own pulling. Pricing is fair and may be negotiated on small items you pull from the carcasses. Inventory changes rapidly and gets stripped/picked within a few days of a HDT arrival. Some of the things I have picked are a Davco fuel filter, Centramatic wheel balancers, Volvo overhead console for CB/Radio, lots of fuses, HVAC control, brackets for my Volvo fairings, sections of nylon air tubing, assorted dash switches, door and overhead lights, band clamps and more that I can't even recall right now. IMHO it is a fun place to spend a morning. Note: Wear sturdy shoes, long pants and have a pair of gloves handy. The ground is very rough and oil saturated. Back row of the skeletons will be overgrown.

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!

Archived