Use of inverter with residential frig

Davydee

We've had Paul & Kay Cross (Indiana Interstate Enterprise) install our new Samsung 197 residential frig & Xantrex Prosine Pure Sine Wave 1800W inverter last week. When plugged into good shore power, what are those of you with a similar setup doing with the inverter? On? Off? Standby?

So far I'm just turning the inverter off when plugged into shore power & ensuring it's on before we unplug & travel. I have experimented and left the inverter in standby. When we unplugged there was a lot of what I call "on-off-on, etc" by the inverter that, to me, seemed to indicate the inverter was just providing intermittent power to the frig. I wasn't comfortable that was good for the health of the frig. So, real interested to hear about others experience with these things.

Thanks!

David

David & Donna Driver, Class of 2010
2017 Ford F350 Platinum CC DRW 4x4
2011 MS 36RSSB3 w/Vanity Slide

I leave my inverter on 100% of the time. Just keep the batteries topped off with water and solar while on the road.

Haven't had any problems yet. Oops, should not have said that.

JC

2009 Volvo 780. D-16 500hp 1850 torque with a Herrin hauler bed.

2015 Continental Coach

2008 650cc Suzuki Bergman

2013 Mustang GT 500 convertible

2014 Smartcar convertible

WWW.Hollyfab.com. (Metal Fabrication Company)

Jamesc@hollyfab.com (preferred contact method)

On all the time. The Inverter is suppling the power only when the shore power is missing

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

Run our inverter in automatic mode so it never misses a beat.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

I also leave my inverter in standby. We check to verify operation as part of the checklist for travelling. You do have to ensure you do not have high power things like an electric heater plugged into an inverter outlet if on shore power. You may drop shore power and will be DISAPPOINTED in the fact your battery bank will not support that electric heater.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

We keep our whole house inverter on all the time. We do have a separate PSW inverter dedicated to run our RF197 and the fridge is plugged in most of the time except when we are going to stay in the same spot for a week or more.

Full time since August 2010

2002 Itasca Horizon

One fur kid - a Shih-Tsu rescue

Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd

Archived