Generators

Or could you do your lathe work in the hrs when AC isn't needed ? Maybe a couple box fans ?

http://www.honeywellstore.com/store/products/honeywell-whole-room-air-circulator-fan-ht-908.htm

I swear by these there quiet and they push a lot of air for when it's not to hot. and they run forever you can't kill em. you can also get them on amazon for 20.99 vs honeywells site

I asked for some advise awhile back on good ideas on what i might need for my 5th wheel.Today I took delivery on a pair of Yamaha EF2000is with the parallel cable set. Will be putting them on the trailer tomarrow.It's hot here in Tucson Az. So this will be a good test on how it will work out for us. Thanks again for all the help. STAY SAFE AND COOL.

I asked for some advise awhile back on good ideas on what i might need for my 5th wheel.Today I took delivery on a pair of Yamaha EF2000is with the parallel cable set. Will be putting them on the trailer tomarrow.It's hot here in Tucson Az. So this will be a good test on how it will work out for us. Thanks again for all the help. STAY SAFE AND COOL.

May I suggest that you install hr meters on them so you can keep track of when it's time to change oil. Also if they will be sitting for a month or more inactive I suggest draining the carbs because the idle jets are so small they gum up very easy. At least on my Hondas they do.

Jim Spence

2000 Dodge 3500 1 ton QC 4x4 dually 5.9 diesel LB

BD exhaust brake, 6 spd manual trans

34CKTS Cedar Creek 5er, Trail-Air hitch

A good thing to remember on any of the portable generators is to keep Stabilt or SeaFoam in the gas at all times. All the gas now has ethanol and it does not store well. Also make sure you run the generator dry of gas or drain the carb.

I drain the carbs on my Hondas and keep SeaFoam in the gas. They always start easily and run smoothly.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

Thanks for all of the advice. I use a marine additive called Startron for the dingy engine for my boat that supposedly neutralizes the alcohol in gas and haven't had a problem yet. I ended up getting the generators at a local farm supply called Farm and Fleet here while on sale.

Jim and Sue, definitely correct on the jets. When I had a motorcycle shop years ago about 90% of ill running bikes were clogged up pilot circuits in the carbs.

i started up the 2 gens 1 hr ago. The inside of the traire is cooling off just fine. It's already over 100 out side with high humidity for Az . So this will be agood test . We are looking forward to seeing all of you out there , as we are going to be fulltimers soon. TAKE CARE AND SAFE TRAVELS.

Archived