Retrofitting bunks in an old couch spot.. best way to secure to the wall?

Hi Everyone!

This is Altonymous' wife wanting to know how you would recommend securing a stack of bunks to the wall in an old couch spot? The floor plan we are looking to retrofit the bunks into is the 2007 Fleetwood Providence 39V http://fleetwoodrv.com/frvlibrary/docs/2007/2007_pro_b.pdf

We would pull out the couch between the back of the passenger seat and the kitchen counter. We have measured already and what we want to do will fit, we just aren't sure how to attach the bunk frame to the wall without daily usage tearing up the wall?

Suggestions?

Thanks!

I've seen bunks secured thru floor and storage area direct to the coach frame with heavy duty web straps. Seemed a good solid way to go. Kind of like the hookups to secure vehicles in a toyhouse trailer. He also had hook/eye latch on walls to stabalize.

Jo

Fort Courage

1984 Lazy Daze Class C 22'

High Desert CA

I agree with Jo....I would make the bunks free standing and secure them to the floor. That way they could be removed again with no marks on the wall.

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

Since RV walls are not normally designed to have things attached them, floor mount is probably the best way to go. The manufacturers have to place metal strips in the wall in areas that they will attach cabinets etc. as the wall supports (usually 2X2 at most) would not hold them for long IF you could find them to attach to in the first place.

Happy Trails,

Florida Mike

EXPERTS AREN'T!! :D

Archived