Mail service vrs actual address

rving4us

Am I understanding this correctly? We just signed up for Escapees mails service out of Livingston TX, but will be domiciled in Florida, and plan on registering our vehicles using the address of the rv park we spend the winter in. Is this a legal way of doing this? I signed up with Escapees and they May be giving me a Florida address, I'm not sure. I haven't heard from them yet. I was under the impression if I asked for a Florida address the park In Bushnell would charge an additional $1.00 per piece of mail to forward it to me.

Maybe I'll hear from them soon.

Cary

2014 Ram,4x4,dually,CC Cummins

2011 Carriage Cameo 37KS3

full body paint, Most options except Generator

SKP# 123923

I think that you need to call the office and go over the steps again. They will be happy to explain the process to you.

STEP 1: Secure a mailing address with Escapees Mail Service.

Note: As an Escapees mail service member, you may elect to use “Escapees: Home” as an additional mail service benefit. This service is specifically geared for full-time RVers who have sold their brick and mortar homes. Escapees: Home allows you to use Sumter Oaks RV Park as your physical address for state-specific documents (such as driver license, voter registration, and vehicle registrations.)

You will need to register your vehicles and obtain your driver's license and all domicile related things using the address at the Escapee park. Unless the park where you plan to spend the winter is willing to perform mail forwarding services for you that will not work as all of the official state mail will be sent to the address used and need to be forwarded to you, or to your mail service. In order to us any particular place as domicile, you must have an address that accepts and forwards official mail for you. This is true no matter where you choose as domicile and whose mail forwarding you select. Your domicile requires a permanent address that government agencies can & will use to contact you. It is also the address used for insurance and most legal issues.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Kirk, I did as you suggested and called . The lady told me I could use an rv park that I stayed at in Florida as my domicile address. I could register my vehicles and get my driver's license at that park address. My plan was to have all gov. type mail sent to my domicile address at the rv park as we will be there for at least 6 mo out of the year. Is this ok? Or are you saying that I can just use the escapees park at Bushnell as my domicile address? I'm sure the park we stay at will hold my mail, but not sure about forwarding.

Cary

SKP# 123923

Just a thought. I would be very leary of having any RV park (other than Bushnell as a handler for Escapees) handling and holding my mail. Who knows what employees could do with it. If you get alot thats a big stack for them to hold on to. Just make it seamless and use the Escapees service for everything.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

We own property in Walker county and our domicile is there. Our mail is Escapees since we travel full time. We get no mail at our domicile unless Escapees sends it there. It is in the same state though and only 50ish miles apart.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

Kirk, I did as you suggested and called . The lady told me I could use an rv park that I stayed at in Florida as my domicile address. I could register my vehicles and get my driver's license at that park address. My plan was to have all gov. type mail sent to my domicile address at the rv park as we will be there for at least 6 mo out of the year. Is this ok? Or are you saying that I can just use the escapees park at Bushnell as my domicile address? I'm sure the park we stay at will hold my mail, but not sure about forwarding.

Cary

Sure, it's OK to do it that way...IF you trust the people at the RV park with your mail during the time you will be gone, AND if they'd be willing to hold it for you. Unless they're in the business of doing so, they're probably not going to forward your mail to you as you travel for 6 months.

While the vast majority of our bills are paid online and I've gone to paperless billing for everything that can be done that way, there are still odd pieces of mail we receive that need to be dealt with in a timely manner. I'm not sure I'd want to go 6 months without receiving any mail! If it were *me* in your situation, I think I'd use a professional mail handler (whether through Escapees or other mail forwarder) for my domicile address rather than rely on untrained people (who are probably not bonded) at an RV park to handle my mail.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

I am not sure why your are making this all more difficult than it needs to be. If your want to domicile in FL then just use a FL mail service. Biker56 listed three. We use St. Brendon's Isle which is excellent. The other two are probably just as good.

You will simplify your life by having just one address for everything. You won't have to worry about which type of mail goes where; it all goes to the same place. Your mail address is the same as your drivers license address which is the same as the address on your checks which is the same as.... Well you get the picture.

You don't have to ask favors from the campground and if you decide to stay at a different campground one year you don't have to change all your addresses.

If you look at the St. Brendon's Isle web site they provide all the information needed to become a FL resident, including license, plates, voting registration, etc. it is really quite simple and can all be done in one afternoon as long as you have the documents described by the web site.

Only thing about having campground to hold your mail if they will for 6 months. Is that you will be almost committed to return there for 6 months every year.

What happens if you find another place you like better, at a different location?

Break down on the road getting back there? Emergence health problems?

Campground changes manager/owners?

May be best for you to get a FL. mail forwarding account. And if you can go 6 months without getting any mail. Then the forwarding cost will not be much $$.

FL. forwarding address can be used as a domicile address also.

NOT needing mail for 6 months in today's times is possible. For the last 15 plus years I have had a friend collect my mail for 5 months every year and put it in a Walmart plastic bag.

It is always less then 1/2 full in that time when I get back. And about 1/2 of that is junk mail.

I'm bill/paperless on all my accounts. So there is nothing I get in the mail that needs dealt with anytime soon.

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

Thanks everyone, Funny after 40yrs of rving, I'm finding I didn't know anything about full timing.

I appreciate all the replies. I took Selah's advice and started my mail forwarding service in Florida. I probably was making this harder than it is, just after living in one place for 62 yrs,I didn't want to screw up.

Thanks again

Cary

SKP# 123923

I am not sure why your are making this all more difficult than it needs to be. If your want to domicile in FL then just use a FL mail service. Biker56 listed three. We use St. Brendon's Isle which is excellent. The other two are probably just as good.

You will simplify your life by having just one address for everything. You won't have to worry about which type of mail goes where; it all goes to the same place. Your mail address is the same as your drivers license address which is the same as the address on your checks which is the same as.... Well you get the picture.

You don't have to ask favors from the campground and if you decide to stay at a different campground one year you don't have to change all your addresses.

If you look at the St. Brendon's Isle web site they provide all the information needed to become a FL resident, including license, plates, voting registration, etc. it is really quite simple and can all be done in one afternoon as long as you have the documents described by the web site.

Ron
US Army retired
2010 Tiffin Phaeton 40QTH
2016 Ford F150 XLT

+1 on what Selah said. We just went through this. Once you file for Domicile in the county you pick, you take that paperwork to the DMV and get your drivers license. For us they did the voter registration at the DMV. St. Brendon's has very good service. I don't think you would want to put your mail on hold some where for 5 or 6 months, especially if you get called for jury duty and don't show up by not knowing you were selected for it. If you do get called just call them and explain your circumstance.

Ron
US Army retired
2010 Tiffin Phaeton 40QTH
2016 Ford F150 XLT

I assume that you must have called someone in FL? The Escapees domicile address for Florida is at the park in Bushnell and the Escapees mail service folks will be able to explain it to you. It is true that you can take the advice of other loyal customers of other services, but you would probably be better served and at a lower cost if you were to take advantage of your Escapee membership and use theirs.

As to using the address of the RV park you will stay at, it is true that you could use that but...... will you be in the same lot each season or will your lot number change each time you return? Do you really want they to hold any official mail until you return and are you certain that they will do so? By using the Escapee service you know that you will receive anything which comes via the state or government and it will be sent to you promptly, while the park may or may not still have your mail six months later when you return.

I do agree with the remark that you are making this far more complicated than it needs to be, But there is really no need to go outside of the club so why not take advantage of the services that are available to you? No matter what mail service you choose to use, you will still have the very same issue to deal with no matter who you choose as far as using the RV park you stay in, when you won't be there to receive mail. It really isn't that difficult, you just get an address and then go to FL and register your vehicles, insure than, and get your driver's license. The forwarding issue is exactly the same with any service and you will still need to go where that service is in order to do them.

Do you need to also vote in Fl ?

When I registered vehicles in Fl I had a garageing address and they listed Escapes mail address on all

paper work. No domicle , vote , or someone to forward mail. Have been doing this since 2001.. Jim S

Do you need to also vote in Fl ?

You should do so to be fully legal, assuming that you do vote. I have never heard of any penalty for registering to vote improperly other than possibly not being allowed to vote. But I do know that in the event of a court challenge voter registration could well be used to dispute the validity of your claimed domicile. To be honest, this is the first time that I have heard of the question of voting in a different location coming on the forums.

Archived