LOOKS LIKE WE FINALLY FOUND OUR NEW HOME!

coachmac9

For over two years I have been reading these forums and learning as much as possible while we have been looking for a "new to us" RV to begin our journey. It was extremely frustrating at times because of limits on the amount of money we were going to spend (paying cash so we would have no debt) but we kept looking and today we found exactly what we had been looking for (and in our price range). Pending positive inspections we will pick it up Thursday!!! We are so excited we can't hardly wait!!! Thanks again to all who have helped with great advice along the way. I so hope I get a chance to meet some of you and thank you in person!!!

LOL!! We were so excited we didn't even take pics!!! I will definitely post them next Thursday!!! We just couldn't believe we found the floor plan that my wife liked and the Cummins engine that I liked along with meticulous records of everything that has been done to the engine and coach since it was new...the original owner even had two long "to do" lists for arriving and leaving camping spots...we got a huge laugh when we got to the bottom of the leaving list and it had "check to see if wife and dog are on board"!!!!!

Congrats singwing!

I'll look forward to the pics we just got through trying to find a nice fiver we could spiff up to like new too. But we fulltimed from 1997 to 2003. We did our own inspection because we've removed, repaired, and/or replaced every system in our previous rigs including the A/C unit, fridge, circuit breakers and boxes, water systems and recarpeted and repaired rot under a leaky slide. We even took out a booth and built in a Formica counter with built in computer desk and giant printer. Those are in our photos on our website in the sig block below. We did the same buying cash and learning as we go.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

We will be holding our collective breath until you get that inspection report. I will give you a word of caution however that you should try not to get too excited until you read that report. I gather that you will be paying a professional to do that inspection so make sure that you pay attention to what the report has to say. To buy an RV based upon emotions is a very dangerous thing so try very hard to stay logical and use your business senses as you make the decision. The time for emotions is after the report comes in clear.

I'll join you in the holding of breath! :blink:

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Reports went well with only minor things that were expected for an older coach. Took possession of our "new to us" coach with much anticipation and excitement!!! We then had to drive it 6 hours to get home!! I cannot believe how smooth and powerful the Cummins engine was, much different than the old yellow dog buses that I drive at work and the air bag ride system was wonderful. All systems worked great, we pulled in around 1 am home safe and sound!!! Got up the next morning and began familiarizing myself with all the different systems...thankfully the original owner had every manual possible on the coach along with all the wiring diagrams...spent most of the day reading over all the manuals and his personal notes...fascinating how detail oriented the owner was...and they took incredible care of the coach. It is still beautiful inside with very little wear. I still can't believe we found exactly what we were looking for in our price range...although it did take over two years of searching every possible place to look for an RV. Now it gets even tougher having to wait to hit the road full time!! Now back to the manuals!!!

Detailed records nearly always mean that the owner give it meticulous care as well. They not only indicate an owner who was detail oriented, but they show you exactly what has been done to the RV over it's life. It also usually means that the owner is one who will continue to be interested in the RV and as such will be willing to answer any question that may come up as you begin your ownership experience. Time spent now with the operating manuals will prove to have been time well spent as you begin to travel. It is difficult to know too much about the RV or it's history.

So share a bit more with us if you will.... year? make? model? one owner? Since we are allowed to do what you are the first time only once, all of us who have been there do remember the excitement and nervousness of that time and hope to experience it again vicariously by participating with you! Savor each moment as you will be amazed one day, just how rapidly the years of travel will slide past.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Since we are allowed to do what you are the first time only once, all of us who have been there do remember the excitement and nervousness of that time and hope to experience it again vicariously by participating with you! Savor each moment as you will be amazed one day, just how rapidly the years of travel will slide past.

You ain't kiddin! :P

Congrats on the new rig!

Sorry, I stayed up late last night reading the manuals and notes that were all saved...it is a 1998 Fleetwood Discovery with one super slide. Cummins diesel and Freightliner Chassis. 155,000 miles, I tried to figure out how to post pics but never could make it work. Will try again, you won't believe how nice the inside is. Needless to say we are ecstatic to find one in such great condition that fit our budget. We literally have looked for over two years and were just about ready to give up on finding one that we wanted and could afford...we were determined to pay cash and not go into debt. Now to begin planning our travels, which for now will consist of summer and holiday travels (still coaching and teaching for now).

Archived