Delaware Vehicle (RV) Registration

I'm sure some of you SKP's have at least considered this. Why can't I create a Delaware Corporation and have it buy my RV rig to avoid the $10-20K .of sales tax? You know, like all the yachts I see up here in NY or down in FL. I plan on a TX domicile.

Thanks in advance, -Steve

"There are No Experts, Do the Math!"

2014 Freightliner Cascadia DD16 600hp  1850ft-lb  18spd  3.31  260"wb
SpaceCraft S-470
SKP #131740

I'm a big fan of assets being held by single-asset-entities. Whether it be a house, boat, car, plane, etc. I'm not sure that DE is the perfect choice, but is good to be looking at the options. Who know, might be the right choice for you!

TX isn't that bad a state to to own a vehicle in, but there are other options that may work better for your.

The big thing is to take some time and make an educated decision, based on what works for you not someone else!

fuso.jpg.b3c0d8d35ed0a147efc1900170d393e5.jpg

Steve, I would have to imagine that it starts to get a little IFY having a TX DL because that is where your legal domicile is. And then have a $$$$$$$$$$$ RV registered in another state. And 10-20k in sales tax, WOW WOW WOW is all I have to say. I would think you would spend a lot more then that with lawyers and accountants doing things in different states if Uncle Sam or a state comes after you.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

Delaware does have a tax on vehicle registration 3.75%, they go by the book value of the vehicle plus unless it is a brand new unit you need to renew every 2 years and go thru & pass the drive thru inspection. On large trucks from 1 tons to HDT the yearly rate is high as it goes by weight, my HDT tagged as a RV in De. is around $350 @ year 5th wheel close to $ 100 @ year so the savings might not be what you think.

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

I was just thinking about the sales tax. If your total rig cost is say $200K, you'd be at $16,500 in tax either here in NY or in Texas. No one that has a boat titled in DE lives there. Many many incorporate there just for the tax break. TX registration would be about the same as DE from what I understand.

"There are No Experts, Do the Math!"

2014 Freightliner Cascadia DD16 600hp  1850ft-lb  18spd  3.31  260"wb
SpaceCraft S-470
SKP #131740

Archived