How to run Android apps on your Windows PC with AMIDuOS

RV_

Ok for those holding back from going to an ecosphere where your privacy is not taken, as granted, this may be an answer. I got out of anything Scroogle because of privacy violations. I do not have either Facecrook or engage in being a twit with a tweet. My opinion, and each entitled to disagree, many love those two md that's fine. I need no excuse nor do those who do like 'em.

But we have seen in the last several years more than a few instances of Apple and Microsoft refusing to release our data or use it for selling to others as their only means of support, like Scroogle. Both Apple and MS actually make things to sell other than our every collectible data.

But for many the familiarity of their free apps has kept them from going back to Apple or MS phones and tablets. Yet we use Apple and MS laptops and desktops.

No you can, at least with a Windows computer, use Android Apps on your computer!

Excerpt:

"Want to run your favorite Android apps on your Windows desktop, laptop, tablet or 2-in-1 system? American Megatrends - yes, that same company you've been seeing on PC BIOS screens since the 1980s - has a utility for you.

Called AMIDuOS, this tool allows you to run your favorite Android apps on pretty much any PC running Windows 7 to Windows 8.1 (I hear Windows 10 support is on the way).

Since AMIDuOS uses virtualization technology as opposed to a dual-boot solution, you can switch between Windows and Android apps seamlessly without having to close what you're doing in one OS to get to the other. You can even pin Android apps to the Start Menu for ease of access.

Virtualization also facilitates easy file sharing between Windows and Android, so there are no boundaries between you and your data. AMIDuOS also supports SD card emulation and allows you to configure the SD card using an easy-to-use configuration tool.

AMIDuOS provides a complete Android tablet experience with multitouch and gesture support for pinch and zoom, along with a full-featured software keyboard. It also supports compass and GPS functionality, allowing map navigation by multitouch.

When in desktop mode the software offers full hardware keyboard support, including a range of keyboard shortcuts. The screen orientation can be changed to portrait mode for applications that require it. Connectivity comes in the form of Ethernet and simulated WiFi to provide network access for Android applications.

AMIDuOS comes pre-installed with stock Android apps and the Amazon App Store, but if you want the Google Play Store this can be installed to provide access to popular apps such as Gmail. For power users there is also a quick and easy way to enable root mode."

The article includes minimum specs needed, and a great 10 minute tutorial: "How To Run Android on Surface 3 : Performance Test and Tutorial for AMI DuOS" for those with no data limitations, is great and can be found here: http://www.zdnet.com/article/how-to-run-android-apps-on-your-windows-pc-with-amiduos/?tag=nl.e539&s_cid=e539&ttag=e539&ftag=TRE17cfd61

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Archived