mattress

Your measurements aren't any size available I could find. Most RV mattresses, unless noted other wise are Queen short or RV Queen mattress.

"Queen Beds

A standard queen bed measures 60 by 80 inches. In an RV this size is called a regular queen. RVs also have a three-quarter queen, which is 48 by 75 inches, and a queen short, measuring 60 by 75 inches."

I just bought a memory foam mattress for our 5th wheel from Amazon that while firm seems very comfortable. The previous owner had a house mattress in it that was too long and junk. I bought one of these which are currently sold out for $229.99: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UZ9HV9Y?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

Here is a search for it on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3ARv%20Queen%20Size%20Mattress

We also have a gel memory foam regular Queen size mattress for our home bed, a ten inch, with two inch gel layers, that we've had for more than a year and love it! We have no allergies and prefer latex pillows. We must have gel as we both sleep hot, even a regular pillow top sprung mattress slept hot to us. If you are going foam, I'd suggest gel top layer, YMMV.

Here is one that reads like ours for $245.99. The great thing are all the reviews. Read them on this one: http://www.amazon.com/Sleep-Master-8-Inch-Pressure-Mattress/dp/B006L9VANK/ref=pd_sim_sbs_196_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=0BGH3CRYF7DK26YAKG4T

These come rolled up and all the air sucked out, very east to handle for two adults or one young strong guy. Make sure it can be laid out here it will go before you open the package because they need 72 hours to expand before use. We never thought we'd get mattresses online untested and did very well twice.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Mattresses in an RV can be difficult to find as there are some very strange sizes out there. The same is true of shapes and frequently the one that comes in it was specially made for the RV manufacturer. While custom ones can be found they are also very expensive for what you get so I'd try and get something that will fit into the space available or close to it. What we did in ours was to get a 4" memory foam pad and cut it to fit the existing mattress, using that as a base for the pad. By doing that everything still fits and the same is true of the sheets. Fortunately for me, Pam is a talented seamstress and she altered the fitted sheets to make them fit properly. The foam can be cut to length using an electric knife.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

We had one made to our specs. at Verlo matresses. They can make any size or type for you. Dave.

2006 Coachmen Aurora 36ft. Class A motor home. 2009 Honda CRV toad. "Snowbirds" apprx. 6 mos. each year. Travelling to the SW each winter than returning to Wi. each summer. Retired and enjoying our travels along with Buddy the cat.

I just ordered a new mattress that I was able to get a custom cut. It was from a local store but was told there are two manufacturers that will do custom cuts. Englander and the Sealy group of companies. We selected the model we wanted and ordered it. The cost was just an additional $50. Looking forward to having a good mattress.

• 4 months later...

My folks are looking for a new mattress (a king size memory foam type). They searched online and found a perfect sleeper by CT mattress and asked my opinion on it. As I do not have much knowledge on this, I would like to get information from you people. Will that be a better option for them or anyone has other suggestions? Check it here - http://ctcanadamattress.com/product/chiro-firm/. Thank you.

Welcome to the Escapee forums!

My folks are looking for a new mattress (a king size memory foam type).

Is the mattress for an RV? Most RV's use a mattress that is of different dimensions than one for a house.

Also note that many of the memory foam mattresses can be cut down... Just unzip the outer cover and trim the mattress to size with a few strokes of a good utility razor knife... Try to cut the head or sides that will not be readily seen to cover your bad cutting... Then take the cover and put it inside out and sew the seam to match the new size mattress.

I've always been a tinkerer and a fixer...

So what better way to stay active in my retirement than to buy an RV...

We also have the odd size platform for the bed (57 x 72) so we're adding a couple of inches to the length and sides to make it large enough to hold the short queen with out sagging. Liked the idea of just trimming the foam mattress though. Anyway, we just ordered a short queen from bedinabox.com.

Dave

Also note that many of the memory foam mattresses can be cut down... Just unzip the outer cover and trim the mattress to size with a few strokes of a good utility razor knife...

There is a much better way if you have one. Pam has cut foam many times in doing re-upholstery jobs in our RVs and homes and she uses an electric knife, such as one would keep in the kitchen. It is by far the best tool she has found over the years.

Archived