New Full-Timers- Establishing Domicile in Washington

BettyRocket

Hello All-

As an update my husband and I were able to get WA drivers licenses and establish domicile in WA without a problem. We officially changed our address with USPS, magazines, bills, etc. about a month before we moved to ensure that we had mail delivered to my parents address in Spokane. When we went to get our drivers license we were prepared with bills that had our names and the Spokane address listed, but never needed them. We simply said we had moved to Spokane and where out of the licensing office in 30 minutes with new temporary ID's (they mail the plastic ones to the address on the license 2-3 weeks later).

We have since been able to get WA vehicle insurance for our toad and additional property insurance for the items we have in storage.

Super easy process!

Thanks for the update.

It's interesting that the DMV didn't ask for proof of residence. When we moved to Spokane in 2010 and went to get our driver's licenses, they DID ask for proof of residence. We had *just* moved there so did not have a utility bill yet. I've forgotten now what we provided, but it may have been the contract we signed for the lot rent of the manufactured house we bought. Whatever it was, the person I was working with didn't want to accept it until a supervisor got involved. DH didn't have any problems at all with the person helping him.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

• 2 months later...

Have any of you domiciled in Washington that are under the age of 65 had to travel out of state and use health insurance.

It looks like Premera Blue Cross is a PPO that has a good network for travelers. I am interviewing for a work kamp job that I hope will allow me to establish a Washington physical address. Lived there the first 30 years of my life.

Archived