Some National Parks Raising Fees

trailertraveler

Maybe this is common knowledge. A number of National Parks will be increasing entrance fees starting as soon as June 1. The comment period is over so this would seem to be a done deal with announcements and news releases being issued.

The Yellowstone entrance fee will increase and Grand Teton will now have a separate entrance fee. A combination pass will be available. Capitol Reef, Glen Canyon, Cedar Breaks, Bryce Canyon and Zion will increase entrance and some other fees starting June 1. Grand Canyon will increase entrance and backcountry permit fees on June 1. Rocky Mountain National Park will increase the entance fee in October. No mention of changes to the Senior, Access or Military passes.

I saw on Big Bend National Parks Facebook that their entrance fee is going from $20 to $25 for the 7 day pass. There is no shorter time period pass available. Since the fees stay in the park I don't have a problem with that. If the other NP's fees are in line with Big Bend's I'm fine with that. It certainly costs me way, way more in fuel to just get to most any NP than a $5 increase for 7 days stay.

P.S. Don't tell anyone, but we have one of the "old peoples" passes so we get in free anyways.

Archived