NADA Wholesale vs NADA low retail

Are you buying or selling? Selling retail you may get a bit over low book. Selling to a dealer you might get 20% or more below low book.

Full time since August 2010

2002 Itasca Horizon

One fur kid - a Shih-Tsu rescue

Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd

If you go to this link http://www.nadaguidesstore.com/Store/rv-connect you can get a 30-day free trial to the NADA RV online guide which has the same info as the physical book and which includes wholesale prices. You can then do your analysis of the % difference between wholesale and low retail. If you do that, please report back what you found.

I went into the NADA free trial. Boonedocks, I didn't find wholesale prices. Is there a way to come up with a wholesale price? Horizon36, is 20% below low retail an industry standard of some sort?

The dealer I am working with offered me 41% below low retail on my trade. Not real happy with that!

Roy

Fulltiming since 2015, with my beautiful bride, Lori.

2015 GMC 3500HD Denali DRW CC LB TrailerSaver TS3 Hitch

2016 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSB3, MorRyde IS, MorRyde Pin Box

I went into the NADA free trial. Boonedocks, I didn't find wholesale prices. Is there a way to come up with a wholesale price?

I don't presently have free trial access. I had it a couple of months ago when I was selling my coach. When I went to my year, make, and model, the wholesale value was there. Did you go the the free trial for the paid service -- the link I provided -- or did you go to the free public site that does not show wholesale?

Yes, I followed your link and signed up for the 30 day free trial. It only shows the low retail and average retail.

Sure would be nice to have the wholesale price or what the dealers call "Actual Cash Value" (which is code phrase for "You're an idiot and we're gonna stick it to you on your trade in")

Thanks,

Roy

Yes, I followed your link and signed up for the 30 day free trial. It only shows the low retail and average retail.

That is no different from the free site so am wondering if you actually got the free trial?? I have not done that so am not familiar with it but I am familiar with the paper version and would expect that one to be the same. A 1 year subscription to it costs only $137 while the e-version is $175! If you are near any good library, stop there to see if they have a copy of the published version as most better libraries do have a current subscription, or at least they used to do so. I have found a copy in the reference department of several different libraries when I was researching. It does, or at least used to contain figures for both wholesale and loan values.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I just created another free account and it worked for me just fine showing wholesale and retail prices.

If you created the free 30-day account you should have received an email with a temporary password. You go to the link they included in the email and log in. At the top of the page after logging in click RV. Then you can search for whatever you want. If you are in the right place for the 30 day trial, the address should be:

http://www.nadaguidesconnect.com/logon

At this location, you will get the wholesale-trade in and full retail values. You will not see any low retail value in these pages.

If you are still seeing low retails, you must be at:

http://www.nadaguides.com/

You will not see wholesale prices there.

Try again and see if this helps.

Now, a few words of caution. Do not add any options, The dealer isn't going to. The absolute most a dealer would give you on trade in is the wholesale no options value. And that assumes you have almost new tires and batteries and are in near perfect condition. The trade in price only goes down from that wholesale value, it doesn't go up If your manufacturer is in bankruptcy they will deduct, If the manufacturer is out of business they will deduct more.

Let me know again, if you don't get into guides connect site this time.

Okay, it worked this time, so I received the trade in or wholesale price.

Thanks again!

Roy

You can find the real book in any library. A dealer will typically offer 80% of wholesale. Or thereabouts, depending on the rig. Everything else is just manipulating numbers....

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

I never deal with dealers. I sell privately and buy privately....for cash ...over the years after buying and selling well over 100 vehicles I have come out way ahead IMHO.

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

Archived