got an insurance question.

leaveittobeavis

Good morning.

Try Jim Schecter at Blue Sky, 866.484.2583, X-532.

Subsequent to multiple queries to various insurers and agents, I found Blue Sky and Schecter provide good coverage at a reasonable price, and with excellent service...so far.

Regards,

Michael

2007 Volvo VNL 670

2007 NuWa HitchHiker Champagne

I do favor Blue Sky myself.

But there are a whole lot of variables. I hope you have already spent the time to read the Resource Guide on this subject. You leave out a lot of information in your question, and you would be better served to look at the guide so you can get answers to your questions a lot faster!

Welcome aboard. I hope you have been lurking for a while, and if not, you have a lot of reading to do. A great place to start would be the HDT FAQ Document, and then bounce around the Resource Guide. Enjoy.

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

When I started investigating an HDT in WA state, Blue Sky told me I had to own an RV trailer of some form, valued at $5,001 or higher. Couldn't be a pop-up trailer, had to be "real" (for whatever that means). It didn't have to be a fifth wheel trailer though: bumper pull was OK. Perhaps an interim trailer to get you started?

When I bought my HDT I needed to bind insurance in a hurry, before leaving to go buy it and drive it home. My agent at the time got me "commercial" insurance through Progressive at a very reasonable rate. They didn't care that the use was actually non-commercial and that I didn't have a CDL; it's just how Progressive handled it. Truck was (and still is) tandem; didn't need the trailer to be insured by Progressive as well (it was insured separately at that time). A few months later I investigated Blue Sky and got an overall better package deal, which included insuring the fifth wheel trailer (and a passenger car). But the initial Progressive policy seemed fine, so you could investigate that. I got the Progressive through my agent at the time, Fischer Rounds and Associates Inc, Rapid City, SD. Diane Krogstad was the agent I worked with; she seemed to understand full-timers' situations quite well, and the RV world in general.

Pete

2007 NuWa Hitchhiker Discover America 339RSB

2000 Volvo VNL64T770 with TrailerSaver hitch, wooden flat bed, Detroit 12.7L S60, 10-sp AutoShift, still tandem

Progressive beats Blue Sky every year so far but we don't have an HDT as of now. If we did likely be forced to go with Blue Sky and pay higher cost for coverage. They are not a lot higher but always higher or at least for the last 3 years. They were over 300 more this year with less coverage due to our deductibles disappearing to 0

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

Having to just deal, and still messing, with Progressive in a front end collision situation in our smart, with the other party admitting full fault, I have dropped them like a hot potato. It's one thing to say they will insure you, and another thing to come through for you when you need them. Run baby Run. Just search out the angry former customers on the internet.

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

Progressive has always treated us good. I had a fender bender in a parking lot. Hurried tired workers trying to go home. Questionable who fault. Progressive agreed is was in right. Other company agreed with other party. Progressive fixed my truck and never raised cost. But I also understand they not to good with HDT

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

Archived