Awning repair question.

I caught a post in the "hangar" that my TC lives in, and scraped a hole in the outermost layer of my awning, fully retracted so way at the top. Can anyone recommend a repair kit/material/technique? Matching it would be awesome but white with some magic marker for striping would go a long way. Like I said it's way up there so not at eye height.

Previously a 2017 Forest River, Berkshire 38A, "The Dragonship". https://dragonship.blog/

I can not answer your question, but I have come to understand that awnings on RV is a bad, bad idea! When I bought my last 5th wheel, I really considered ordering it WITHOUT an awning, but thought it might hurt the resale value in the future. When we want to set in the shade, we just sit under the "bed area," up at the front of the 5th wheel. Who needs more trouble? Forget the awning!

C. S.

We had a small tear in our awning up near the top. I found awning repair tape at Wal-Mart in the RV area. It was clear tape and I just put a piece on both sides of the awning covering the tear. It worked well and held tight. Also it was not noticeable at all. I actually had to point it out or people could not see the repair. Dave

2006 Coachmen Aurora 36ft. Class A motor home. 2009 Honda CRV toad. "Snowbirds" apprx. 6 mos. each year. Travelling to the SW each winter than returning to Wi. each summer. Retired and enjoying our travels along with Buddy the cat.

I can not answer your question, but I have come to understand that awnings on RV is a bad, bad idea! When I bought my last 5th wheel, I really considered ordering it WITHOUT an awning, but thought it might hurt the resale value in the future. When we want to set in the shade, we just sit under the "bed area," up at the front of the 5th wheel. Who needs more trouble? Forget the awning!

C. S.

We been full timing for 7 years and never an awning problem. love ours too

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

I repaired a couple of cuts in two slide toppers with clear awning repair tape and was amazed that it held on for several years until I replaced them for other reasons.

Awnings may be a "bad idea" on an RV, but then so are roof vents (you have to cut a hole in the roof for each one!!), driving it down the road, and several other regular "features" that we have and enjoy !! :)

Paul (KE5LXU), former fulltimer, now sometimer...

'03 Winnebago Ultimate Advantage 40E

'05 Honda Odyssey

Escapees, FMCA, WIT, SMART

http://www.pjrider.com

Archived